Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fresh Air At Last!

Skywrench, thanks for finally taking the sane action on the'blacklist' bit. :D

Cap, old sock, when will you cease amazing me with your perspicacity, erudition and plain old-fashioned smarts? And why aren't you using that 'wise old owl' avatar I sent you? No-one deserves it more. B)

Too was said, often with far too little knowledge backing it up, in that thread, and I'm not going to add to it, even in defense of the company I work for and respect as much as any I've known in Canada and abroad. If people can't read between the lines in court reports, or are likely to be swayed by 'nattering nabobs of negativism,' so be it. They'll ultimately learn, whether they'll own their learning or not. :blink:

The smear purveyors we occasionally find on here are no better than those that crowd in front of the television cameras on the news at night, be they terrorist supporters or religious fanatics. What's needed is to stop giving them the spotlight they want, and leave them to their private ****. <_<

I admit, I let that one wear on a bit long but I did have my motives. Sometimes the more somebody is allowed to speak, the more reasons others will soon find to ignore what that person says and what it is that motivates them ;) .

On that note folks, since Kyle is absent and my email is no longer registered at this site the easiest way to report any goings-on in the forums rather than click the "report post" button would be to PM either myself or RDM, I no longer recieve anything that is sent when a post is reported as it used to go to my email before I changed ISPs, I no longer have that email address. Now to enjoy the fresh air... :D

Downwash ------ thanks, but I haven't "earned" that avatar yet. The rest I got from the same type of crowd that you got yours from, so I'll take that as a compliment to them. Some of those people, I haven't yet earned the right to carry their flight bag......maybe I never will and don't loose sleep over it.

I really wish that this industry would "lighten-up" and realize that they ain't constantly "on an IFR approach, in heavy winds, to a landing at Orly Airport in Paris". Poor analogy maybe, but you "get my drift".

'nattering nabobs of negativism,'

Well said.

Sometimes reading those Nabob's posts is like finding that sore spot in your tooth with a toothpick... it hurts, but you keep returning to the scene to confirm that. Finally you just can't ignore it any longer... and you disregard your Mom's advice.

HV

Couldn't agree more, Cap old pal, but methinks the industry is going in the other direction i.e. darkening down. She was a lot more fun in the days you were just speaking about while spinning yarns on another thread. Let's do our best to keep it light and, as the song says, "We'll drink to the devil, to **** with the rest." :D

Downwash ------ if I get to pick the song, it'll be the same one that Emile Lupien used to like......"The North Atlantic Squadron"......then we can laugh like **** while we're "sipping". :lol::lol: We would have to ask all the wives to leave he room first though. :lol: