Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Afghanistan Contracts?

Who ended up getting the Afghanistan Mediums and Heavy contract????

Columbia Helicopter,

of Aurora, OR receives a $17.1 million task order for rotary wing aircraft, personnel, equipment, tools, material, maintenance and supervision necessary to perform passenger and cargo air transportation services in Afghanistan from July 1/11 to Oct 31/11. This contract was a competitive acquisition, with 4 bids received by the USTRANSCOM Directorate of Acquisition at Scott AFB, IL (HTC711-11-D-R021).

Columbia made its name in heli-logging, but the logging industry is pretty quiet right now in the western USA. They operate civilian BV-107 (CH-46 Sea Knight) and BV-234 (CH-47 Chinook) helicopters in their fleet; their military counterparts are widely used in the Afghan environment

This info I found , so i guess its Columbia..

Dare I ask the question at the risk of getting the whole effing thread deleted, is Canadian still there??

Seek and you shall find, actually one of the better performing small cap companies that pay a decent dividend, if your into investing into small cap former income trusts. :up:

https://www.chlcrewsupport.com/Files_PressReleases/CHL-2011-Q2PressRelease-EN-FINAL.pdf