Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Msa Gallet Lh 250

Hey everyone....a question to all that were a Gallet 250 helmet.Has anyone ever had a problem with their helmet leaving dark marks around your ears on the sides of your face where the helmet seals from the leather on real hot days if U sweat.Just wondering Rob at Merrit says it dont happen very often would like to know if someone else has had the same problem as me.

Hey everyone....a question to all that were a Gallet 250 helmet.Has anyone ever had a problem with their helmet leaving dark marks around your ears on the sides of your face where the helmet seals from the leather on real hot days if U sweat.Just wondering Rob at Merrit says it dont happen very often would like to know if someone else has had the same problem as me.

Nope, I've had 2 sets of earcups...both black leather. Are you sure nobody is playing a joke on you?

Yes it has happened to me, my helmet is now 6 years old...probably 4000 hrs of use out of it :)usualy happends at about the time to change the edge roll... every 2-3 years of heavy use and the leather starts to rot away from sweat...change the edge roll and your back in buisiness and 100 $ less in the bank...

Francois

Anybody had problems with the inner visor developing scratches on the inside from the up/down movement? Seems like FOD on the inside of the styrene liner or something. Nothing is visible.

If your spacing between the earcup and the shell is too thick it can cause the shell to flex out and have the visor rub on the outside of the CF inner shell. Just grab the edges like you were putting in on but facing toward you and you'll see the lens come close to that inner shell. Had the same issue because I like a tight seal around the ears, took one velcro spacer out on each side and bought a new visor and no more problems...