Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Yellowhead Employment Ad

Hellifixer

Hello all,

I noticed an ad out from Yellowhead Helicopters looking for a base engineer in Athabasca AB. I was considering submitting a resume but was looking for constructive opinions about the company itself, the Athabasca operation and about Athabasca AB itself. (ie: people, geography, local attractions/events, anything you wish to share really)

I've heard good things about Yellowhead but any info from past or present employees would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Hellifixer

In 7 years working for Yellowhead, I found them to be one of the best operators around. They always treated their employees fairly, paid well, and provided various improvement opportunities. They'd have to be in the top three companies I'd recommend. I believe Rick McDonald is still DOM, and no more highly-experienced and knowledgeable AME exists. I understand Evan Scheller is now Hangar Foreman, and you won't find a better man to work with. You'd do well to get on there.

• Like 2

In 7 years working for Yellowhead, I found them to be one of the best operators around. They always treated their employees fairly, paid well, and provided various improvement opportunities. They'd have to be in the top three companies I'd recommend. I believe Rick McDonald is still DOM, and no more highly-experienced and knowledgeable AME exists. I understand Evan Scheller is now Hangar Foreman, and you won't find a better man to work with. You'd do well to get on there.

nice of you to think so much of Rick at Yellowhead.

why would you not say nice things of your own DOM and suggest your own company for employment.

are you not short guys as well.

• Like 1

Because the thread started with somebody asking for opinions about Yellowhead?....just a guess.

true enough... nothing wrong with saying there are other great companies out there like yellowhead. i just think it is funny why not take an opportunity to mention your own as well.

and when you are in his position as management. and someone that is available and looking.

nice of you to think so much of Rick at Yellowhead.

why would you not say nice things of your own DOM and suggest your own company for employment.

are you not short guys as well.

Grasshopper is not employed by YELLOWHEAD. He was at one time, but that was many years ago.

It seems 'zeroairspeed' must imply other shortages. :blink:

The whole industry, as has already been suggested, is short of AMEs. I was merely responding to the original post, or trying to usurp our DOM's authority. :wacko:

And 'SS', you seem to bring out something less than the best in others - something like me and my wives, I guess. B)

• Like 1