Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac

Ryan

Alrighty then....

I'm still pondering whether to go or not. Also pondering if I can find the fees under my couch. So any others members who are for sure gonna go, let us know. Would be great too meet up, get drunk together and crash the conference. :hide:

So for now put me down as a maybe....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Throat sort of it the nail on the head Ryan. The way I have seen it, for the average pilot or pilot to be, HAC - Heli-Expo is great way to see new technology, helmets, helicopters etc aimed at pilots, engineers and owners, but, with minimal chance for snagging a job, whereas HAC has some technology/displays, but almost all aimed at owners and most owners/Ops Mgrs/CP's that attend are interested in networking with themselves (I'm being politically correct here) and low time pilots lobbying for jobs will be seen as a nuisance to many.

The mining show in Vancouver (Cordillera Round-Up), is another one that has lots of operators there, but their interest is snagging new mining companies/geologists and the flood of low time pilots with resumes in hand tends to be a bother to a lot of them - most will be polite and chat, but you won't have a captive audience with your "target"....

Road trip, personal contacts, good impressions, follow up calls and visits are the way to go. Asking for advice from everyone and referrals to other companies also are useful.

Although there are lots of companies out there, you should weed out the ones that have no work for low-timers and concentrate on the best bets. That will eliminate a lot of wasted miles.

Just my thoughts on $399 ++.

Ryan: I wish you all the luck in the world, but please read carefully the comments that were made by other people than myself.

Cap said it quite well and so did Nomex.

Some people are living in there own little dream world and I am not one of them.

An organization of fellow pilots and engineers is long overdue. This organization would not involve union or any kind of an assocciation that would be threatining to the industry that is controled by CA's.

It would be a functioning unit that comprised of clear thinking people that had the interest of the employer and employee in mind.

Dream on.

I hope you understand that the only interest that HAC has, is the interest of the owners/shareholders.

The good companies are few and far between.

Did you know that the reason you have so many problems with your computer equipment or electronics in general, is that they are not held to a standard.

What standard are you held to?????????

Cheers, Don

PS: From the guy who good not care less, and hoping someday you will see the light and be saved.