Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac

Ryan

So Heli-Expo is over, and HAC is right around the corner. So who's going? With tickets going for $399 for non-members like me, better start saving your pennies now. Add another $100 if you register after March 11.

Well, with this little shin-dig a bit closer to home I'm gonna do my best to make it.

Who's with me? :up:

Ryan.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The point is quite valid, Ryan. I really wish we could generate more interest among the crew population for a better number to be members of HAC. I'm sure there could be consideration for more reasonable membership and meeting fees if there was an indication of a substantial body of interest among the crews, particularly pilots. There'd certainly be many advantages, but I believe the potential for a credible professional grouping other than union-oriented might be the most important. :rolleyes:

As for comparing the meeting with the HAI, Ryan, it's nowhere nearly as large, of course, nor has it any similar order of flight demo, but it's a good show nevertheless, and lots of pilots show up, although mostly more local than otherwise. B)

I may be going, its a pretty good show - not the HAI but then again its all Canadian therefore attracting a smaller group. In fact, the show is not what brings me there so much as meeting up with my old buddies that I get to see and take a silly walk through memory lane. Gets better each time thanks to single malts (and geeesh can we stretch a story !) Ahhhhhh, the remember whens ....

Downwash:

Quote;

"There'd certainly be many advantages, but I believe the potential for a credible professional grouping other than union-oriented might be the most important."

I do beleive what I was trying to start was a take-off of HAI.

This was proposed to different directors of HAC and even the know it all president, to no avail.

The HAC members remind me of a bunch of ground hogs, come out once a year to see who is still around and then go back into thier holes and count thier blessings of having survived another year.

Don