Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Unlike towing a snowboarder, which I believe is not "illegal" even if it's dumb, the trip through the hockey players was beyond the pale. The aircraft itself is in little danger although it certainly could go south in a hurry were the engine to bark or something, but there is no excuse for passing through that crowd of people with all the spinny parts spinning.

The occupants had a low risk of injury or death but the same could not be said (in comparison) for the players... We have all done stupid things but I think I smell an enforcement action on this one unless a different camera angle will show a much greater margin of safety than what we can see in the edited cut that's online....

HV

• Like 4

We banned go pros at last work place, for this very reason. There is no way at my past and current employers this type of maneuvering would be permitted without a extensive risk assessment and also a clear reflection on the regulations and even then.... Something tells me that TC will not accept the distances during landing and take off for this one.

But who knows stranger things have happened.

Go pros don't kill people, guns don't kill people, pencils don't make spelling mistakes.

People kill people, but go pros make it look cool.

P5

• Like 2

Well said Roo. There are many things that we can do for a thrill and doing it at the office is a bad decision. If you don't like following the parameters set out by the company it may not be the career for you.

I know a guy that made that decision and he didn't have enough experience to realize that he didn't know what he was doing. He lost a passenger and has to live with that for the rest of his life. Guilt is a heavy burden. Fly safe out there!!

R

Go pros don't kill people, guns don't kill people, pencils don't make spelling mistakes.

People kill people, but go pros make it look cool.

P5

OMG! Everyone mark this day on their calendar! P5 made me laugh!!!

HV

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I fly with a GoPro. So that IF the SHTF, I can prove I was doing my job properly! To date, none of my bosses have had issues.

Keeps me honest. ;)

I too watched those vids and cringed. Nothing like giving an opposing lawyer ammo if you are doing something stupid and something goes wrong.