Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Say A Prayer/send Out "safe" Vibes/think Positive

Even if you're not a prayin' person - please send all the positive thoughts, affirmations, etc. that you can..........I hope and pray that your chopper buddies find 5 living, safe people! A bit of the story from Vancouver Province this morning...

"The search for five men missing on the rugged Central Coast after their float plane failed to arrive at remote logging camps was due to resume at dawn this morning.

The MJM Air Ltd. float plane, with pilot Arnold Feast, 53, at the controls, took off from Campbell River at 10:10 a.m. Monday.

One of the four passengers aboard was a contract employee bound for an International Forest Products logging camp at Frances Bay, the other three men were contract employees due at a Knight Inlet camp run by G.W. Cox and Sons Logging, based in Campbell River.

The plane was reported missing at 2:15 p.m. after it failed to make its 1 p.m. return time to the Vancouver Island town. The search began at about 3 p.m.

The pilot of the 1959 de Havilland Beaver has worked for MJM since October 2004. His sister, Sally Feast, said her brother has flown for many coastal airlines in the course of his career and many pilots and friends were stopping by her home with messages of encouragement and hope yesterday.

"He never took chances, everything by the book," she said of her brother. "I hope he's freezing his butt off on the side of the water."

"It's the reliable Beaver everyone flies [on the coast]," Hartwell said. Feast had made the flight many times before, he added.

A Cormorant helicopter and Buffalo fixed-wing aircraft from Air Force 442 Squadron took to the air shortly after dawn yesterday to pick up where the search left off after dark on Monday. By yesterday afternoon, four coast guard vessels were also called out to assist in the search and a second Buffalo was in the air.

Four Griffin helicopters were due this morning.

Despite the numerous planes and vessels involved in the hunt, the maritime co-ordinator of the coast guard rescue centre, Wayne Bamford, said crews found nothing on the water and nothing on the ground that would suggest the float plane crashed. As of last night, the search of the 400-square-kilometre coastal and inland area turned up nothing, Bamford said, not even a signal from the plane's emergency locator beacon or radio.

The beacon's signal could be blocked by steep mountainsides if the plane managed to touch down in one of the many narrow fjords in the area, Bamford said. It might also be faulty, damaged or under water."

Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.....

LKD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please send all the positive thoughts, affirmations, etc. that you can..........

You forget one thing:

We all can shape the future, but nobody can change the past...

Whatever happened to that plane is past... nobody can change it regardless how hard we try... :(

Search continues for missing B.C. floatplane

Fog, rain foil search for missing B.C. plane

Still no sign of missing plane

No one can change the fact that the plane is missing.

But he who takes away hope too soon, takes away everything. And I had four months of hope once in my life where a pilot was concerned and you can bet your arse I didn't let it go until a body was recovered.

You can also bet your arse the families of these five men aren't letting go yet either. That is human nature. To hope until all hope is lost. And there's not a darn thing wrong with that.

And I had four months of hope once in my life where a pilot was concerned and you can bet your arse I didn't let it go until a body was recovered.

That is human nature. To hope until all hope is lost. And there's not a darn thing wrong with that.

It seems that we are trying to communicate in two different frequencies...

You hoped until hope is lost but you didn't change whatever had happened since day one. And I agree that there's not a darn thing wrong with hope provided nobody is expecting to change things with it or with "vibes" and other stuff...

Four more helicopters are joining the rescue team. They will keep trying to find it.

Don't know if I make myself understood, but at least I tried...

You forget one thing:

We all can shape the future, but nobody can change the past...

Whatever happened to that plane is past... nobody can change it regardless how hard we try... :(

You are so absolutely right, Bald Eagle - what happened to that plane, pilot and crew is/was fate - the forces of the Universe coming together (not always in a way we'd like). At least, that's my belief system - having knocked around long enough to live an experience or two, that I can only believe is fate.....If I couldn't believe those experiences were destined to happen, and nothing I could have done, would have changed a thing, I'd go nuts.........

Probably could have used different wording in my post - but still, I both hope and pray for a positive outcome for these men and their families.....

Thanks for posting those "links" - gotta learn how to do that, so I don't create a big long post for everyone to wade through....

Didn't mean to get quite so serious..........anyone got a good joke? - think I'll go check out the "joke dy jour" thread.

Thanks for posting those "links" - gotta learn how to do that, so I don't create a big long post for everyone to wade through....

I like to post "news" the way you did, because the "links" are going to be lost as soon as those sites delete the pages or "archive" them in "fee access only". The problem is the "C" thing that can give us trouble if one of those sites start nosing around and looking for copywrite infringement. :(