Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Chinn Pilots

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First you tell me where Moe is. Last time I saw Moe, he autorotated an Okie 206 down onto the TC in the pass east of Golden where the road is **** narrow....and that sure as **** wasn't yesterday. If memory serves me correct, 407 Driver should remember that day. :lol:

Yes, that was the early 80's. Was that Moe ? I recall that was Stan "Bear Bait" Urlikson ??? I wasn't in town then...(Stan or Moe?) were replacing me on the Base for a few days, probably my last time-off I had <_< . He did a great job, no damage to the aircraft...can't say that about most Alberta drivers that try and stay on that narrow road :D

I recall Dan working a Fire with me in '84 in Chatter Ck. 40 Mi N of Golden. You should see that place now Dan, the epi-center of Cat Skiing in BC, 3 Cats hauling 36 skiers up and down, from the 50 person Lodge to 10,000' +

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

with 2 old F@rts like us......we're probably jawing away about different episodes......and besides, what were you doing down here in the early 80's? ...didn't you have a northern base to run ? Back then it was me, Arduini, and a guy named Charlie Smith, OH right, and Barry Holmes next door to keep us honest. Owen Shannon and Vic Corrie had already departed the area.

Hello to the Chins.I met one or too of you many many years ago.I too am an Oshawa boy from way back.Trained at Aston in Oshawa.I allso was very good friends with Martin Brownell,rest his soul.I still keep in touch Joyce.Glad to hear your all still doing fine.

Take care and be safe out there.

Mini from Oshawa..............

:up: Dan here! Moe and I are both in B.C. awaiting Dave's return from PNG at the end of the month. Dave's ok after the accident, no thanks to the rotor gods letting him down. Everybodies doing good nice to hear from you guys and we'll keep in touch. Moe and I were wondering who the faces were behind the nicknames. Keep the rpms up. Dan.

Dan...........When Moe decided he was going to go and fly the big "preying mantis" and sling logs, he left my world and I haven't seen him since. I only knew he was still breathing afterwards as a result of conversations with Bob Hawthorne.