Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Evo Helmets in Canada?

I bought an evo 252 a couple years back from helicopterhelmets.com.  Awesome helmet light and fits nice I like the option of being able to detach the cord on the back of the helmet so you can get out to stretch your legs or pee and not worry about a cord dangling down, I also had an issue with the jack on the back of the helmet and called HH.com and the guy said it’s not under warranty anymore but yank out the cord if it breaks I got your back send it back and we’ll fix it, and they did no charge, they even wanted to send me a loaner helmet while mine was getting fixed for the week. They are awesome and really helpful. Don’t listen to 2Tall his review was useless and offered no Real reason as to why he regrets his purchase. Useless reviews from useless people.  

PM me if you want more info on it.

I agree with 2tall. I did a bunch of research on the Evo as a replacement of my Gallet. After watching their promotion videos and speaking with Rob at Merrit in the US I went with another Gallet. I don't believe the Evo's are tested to the same standard and when I weighed the two, the Eva was actually a bit heavier than my Gallet.  At the cost of helmets these days you want to make the right choice the first time. 

• Like 1

The question wasn't what helmet I should buy.  The Bose A20 doesn't come factory installed in a gallet.  I've had a gallet for 13 years, I've been very happy with it, I would not fault anyone for choosing gallet.  However, the Evo can be ordered with an A20 installed from the factory.  I would however prefer to purchase from Canada and avoid going through the hassle of customs, if anyone knows of a distributor?  I heard there's a guy in Calgary but I can't find any info.

• 1 year later...

I’ve been using a Northwall for 6 years now, had a couple upgrades done like the Bose ANR. I have a relatively small noggin and it fits and looks perfect. Have had a multitude of other helmets in the past. This one doesn’t make me feel like Gazoo. Good fit in a bubble window even 206 and very light. I feel naked flying without it.

Ordered mine from helmetfx.com, it took a while to ship to Canada but there were no surprises.  I echo the sentiment that they're not worth the money, feels cheap and after 200 hrs the dial for the inner visor is broken. Might try replacing the hardware with Gallet bits as time goes on.