Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Go West ?

I flew him to Cranbrook Hospital. I got an all expense paid night in Cranbrook too, what a treat that was.  :down:

T-Rex, isn't that your old stomping grounds?

The ending, he will be Ok, and his leg will be saved !  :up:

Good to hear the ending was :up: ....great job there Don.......What's wrong with Cranbrook? I flew down there for about 4 years on and off.....the beer and women are not all "that" bad... :lol:;)

1 of 7,

Don't worry ! Us Albertan's consider us a country of our own. BC is the smaller brother that has to follow us whereever we go!! We have sooo much money here, we can't decide what to do with it!!!! Can't say that for BC and your gov't that YOU elected!

By the way, there is way more heli work here than in BC.......Like you guys fight over a .2 to the repeater and back??? Whats with that?

Hey.....leave our rotton, no good, cheatin, lyin, govt. for us to complain about... :angry: Way more work huh... <_< ...Hmmm....I guess our 1200 hour limit that most "all" of our pilots hit in a 10 month period is pale in comparison to you high flyin' flat landers? :rolleyes:

Nice pics 407D! :up: Glad to hear you got that guy out in time to save his leg. Looks like you had great weather for the rescue.

How come the weather always seems to improve in Golden when I am flying somewhere else?! <_< I thought I left that curse behind me when I stoped flying airplanes. :blink:

Cheers!

407D,

Good Job!

Should of put our Astar on Stand by, never know when your gonna need the performance!!!!!!!

Cranbrook was close, one town further South, Home of Kokanee! Creston!

PS, Are you sure those pics where not on the Alberta side of them there hills?

... or fly BC and look at this scenery .....
FANTASTIC! Great pics 407D :up:

the story...A rock "the size of a refrigerator" slid and ended up on a guys leg.  He was pinned on the side Bugaboo Spire (at approx 9500') for about 5 hours.  We used the local SAR's "jaws of life" to lift the boulder off him. I flew him to Cranbrook Hospital....The ending, he will be Ok, and his leg will be saved !  :up:

Glad to hear it. Good work. :up: Would you happen to know if medical response on scene treated him for traumatic rhabdomyolysis ("crush syndrome", sometimes called "smiling death" 'cause as you lift the boulder off the victim is smiling happy at the relief, only to die from reperfusion of the damaged tissues), or was he just lucky? What was the most sophisticated medical attention pre-hospital?

Irrespective of his pre-hospital medical care HELICOPTERS undoubtedly saved the day. Any longer to release him and he would have likely succumbed to the above, or any number of other potential insults.

well gentlemen,

thanks to all of you for your inputs...

decision is taken as it seems west is the way to go.

anyway i wanted to make the move!!! all i got to do now is to find a new outfit...

cheers.

Leave the flight suit behind. Just bring denims and pick up some cowboy boots when your passing through cow town (Calgary).