Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Few Questions

Curt

First i want to know If anybody can tell me whether great lakes helicopter is a good place to train , and if 65 g's is a good price for time on a r22 44 and a jet ranger.

Second I want to know how many hours i am going to need before i can get a solid job and what the low and high end of salaries are.

and third i want someones opinion on where in canada is the best place to work for amounts of work available and best pay.

i know i could search for some of this stuff but i want some straight forward answers from somebody with experience if your not going to answer my questions dont bother replying in other words i dont wanna here i should search for it.

thanks in advance curt

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

65G's? depends on how the hours are split. 22, 44 and 206 all go for different rates. How many hours on each?

Attitude and ability are more important than hours when looking for that first job. These days a 1000 hour pilot is a low hour pilot in many areas.

I can't advise you on your other questions. But I'm sure that someone else will chime in and help you get all the right answers so that you don't have to do any research on your own.

Good luck to you.

RTR

Curt

You mentioned salary twice in your post.

If you are getting into this for the money, you are in the wrong industry. You do it for the chicks and glory, not the money.

If you want the money,go work in the oil patch in Alberta or drilling in the arctic.

You should be looking for an employer that is willing to teach you properly. Teach you how not to kill yourself the first time things go for a ####. Forget the money, that will come later.

65G's? depends on how the hours are split. 22, 44 and 206 all go for different rates. How many hours on each?

Attitude and ability are more important than hours when looking for that first job. These days a 1000 hour pilot is a low hour pilot in many areas.

I can't advise you on your other questions. But I'm sure that someone else will chime in and help you get all the right answers so that you don't have to do any research on your own.

Good luck to you.

RTR

Hey Curt, all I hear in your post is "I want", "I want", "I want" and "I want". What "I THINK" is that this country is full of 100 hr. guys who are willing to do some research on their own and help themselves. I can tell you right now that if you ever end up working in this industry, you'll learn very quickly that you're out on your own and have to fugure things out for yourself. So do yourself a favor and take some initiative, it'll be for your own good in the long run. :huh:

Curt, you are luckier than me, you have not started your training and you are smart enough for not enquiring only at flight schools. As you can see, there are by far too many 100 hrs folks in this industry, and noone can encourage you to join the mass, except a flight school seeking money or an instructor seeking students.

Anyway, let's say you have the passion, the money, a superior willing and the right attitude*. The best way to spend your money will be to buy your own helicopter, get your training on it then build time till around 500 hours, when you will have a chance to fly without paying for that. The total cost and time will be much less than any other way.

*Use the search function of these forum with "attitude". Good reading here.

go back to work at McDonalds and become a manager, and don't forget to supersize my fries...... :punk:

forgive me for askin pilots about flyin that was pretty dumb of me. By the way ive never worked at mcdonalds but if you wanna run your mouth on a computer forum like a ***** you can. As far as im concerned your just a tool making weak calls on your computer come see me in person if youve got anything else to say.

great start Curt....looks like you won't be going far in the helicopter industry and the best part...you're going to do it all on your own. Way to step up and show us more of your great attitude.

People don't forget, there may be thousands already in the industry, but certain individuals stick out....you'll be noticed, and easily remembered.

I'll take you up on that offer of meeting you in person....but since you won't be in the industry, how will I find you????