Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boots

Dunham wafflestompers!!

Best bloody hiking boots ever, they are about $380 bucks but worth every penny. I too have the battery powered socks and I did however get the ones that use the D cell battery they are plenty warm but yes a little awkward.

I got my socks at Marks work warehouse but I would like to know where you got the (9V type)

Cheers!!

I second that 4961 .... :up: .... come on oopsadaisy you gotta wear the green if you're gonna roll with the big boys now :P

PM comin atchya oops

I just bought a pair of Chipewa Test Pilot boots from Flight Suits and think they are the best boots I have ever had. They are insulated so should be good for anything down to -20 deg C. The flat soles don't get all clogged up with mud and the zipper closure is ideal for those days when you are in and out of the kitchen all day and you are continually taking off your boots. They run about $180 US but I have paid more for inferior boots in the past. Just make sure you know exactly what size you need and/or send a foot tracing as it is a pain to get delivery and the size is wrong. As usual, Flight Suits service is excellent.

I just bought a pair of Chipewa Test Pilot boots from Flight Suits and think they are the best boots I have ever had. They are insulated so should be good for anything down to -20 deg C. The flat soles don't get all clogged up with mud and the zipper closure is ideal for those days when you are in and out of the kitchen all day and you are continually taking off your boots. They run about $180 US but I have paid more for inferior boots in the past. Just make sure you know exactly what size you need and/or send a foot tracing as it is a pain to get delivery and the size is wrong. As usual, Flight Suits service is excellent.

this reminds me of a horrible old joke.

An ex Raf guy gets a job as a foreman an a building site where most of the workers are Irish. The manager warns him before he starts to be careful what he says to the workers as they sometimes takes things too literally . ALl goes well until after lunch when first one , then another and then 3 workers put on their boots and plunge to their death from the top of the building. The manager takes the foreman aside and asks if there is anything he might have said , he replies that during the lunch he had mentioned that he flew Wellingtons during the war