Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fixed Wing To Helicopter Ame

rotor-nut

I would like to switch from fixed wing maintenace to helicopter maintenance as an AME. I know I will have to become an apprentice again and I am willing to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I am too late for this season, when is the best time to apply for next season? I have wanted to get into helicopter maintenance since college, but 9/11 happened a couple of months before I graduated. So I took whatever work I could get. I also like that helicopter work is done outside, with lots of travelling to different locations and has higher tolerances. I am young, single and have an M1 since December 2004. I have 4 years piston engine and 4 years turbine (PT-6) engine experience. I have worked in La Ronge SK, Iqaluit NU and Calgary AB. I currently live in Calgary but I am willing to move anywhere in Canada. I have exceptional organizational skills with an attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, can work with no supervision, consistently meet deadlines and I am a hard worker.

Please PM me.

Guest graunch1
RotorNut;

Go and see Eagle Helicopters at the airport, they'll give you a job or give you some indication as were to go.

Ken Borek used to own a couple of Jet Rangers, try there.

I don't think you will have a problem.

Don

Also check out the other Rotary AMOs such as Rilpa,Madonna etc. Tehy might know who is hiring.

• 3 weeks later...

(B) Holders of either an M1 or M2 rated AME licence also have maintenance release privileges for all:

(amended 2003/09/01; no previous version)

(i) turbine powered helicopters; and

(ii) SFAR 41C aeroplanes, including their associated variants and derivatives.

why would u have to be an apprentice again. all u would need is a type course on whatever your working on.