Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Training Full Time?

zozie

Hi all;

I'm just about to get going and have the funds available and I may even get canned from my current job :punk:

Let's assume I can go without a job for a few months. Is it a good idea to just go and get my training done full time with all the resources I got? Or just stick it out and do it over a period of months....

Just wondering. Any advise would be appreciated.

thanx

I completly disagree with Ralph, he dosen't know what he is talking about, seriously, look at his avatar. If you can do it train full time and burry yourself in it. 4 months and your out working, hopfully in aviation if not somthing else, and actually there IS A decent chance of getting a job. Tonnes of low timers all over flying around, things are changing quickly, it's a great time to get into the industry right now. Go get'em and good luck!

I have to agree with sir lands alot. 4 months of training, a month of road trips etc and you could be back working whether its flying or not. I speak from experience when i say taking a break in your training will cost you more money. When I did my PPL-FW I only flew after i had some money build up and it meant having to fly half an hour everytime i started again just to refresh very simple things. If you bomb through it most everything will stay fresh in your mind and it will cost you less money.

Giver, Get 'er done!

Good luck!

Cole

My only advice here is whether you train full-time or part-time, make sure you have the financial resources to finish training debt-free. If you're gonna quit your job, make sure you have enough money socked away to pay for your training and food, rent, gas, etc.

Once you have your license, you'll be looking for work, and that first aviation job will not pay much. If you end up with a large debt, you won't be making enough to keep up on payments...