Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ontario Regulating Flight Training?

Phil Croucher

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence taken Black Mac.

Really, you are a big dog with no bite.

All I offered was a topic of discussion and a possible road for your organisation (which btw, was a non issue for HEPAC until I mentioned it) and got jumped on for it.

I think that a Pilot/ Engineer association isn't a bad thing, but....and here's the but.... I'm not willing to pop my hard earned $$ into something that isn't going anywhere.

Get an agenda or get off the podium. To just say " hey, we are here for you" ain't enough.

You had a perfect opportunity with this and you didn't even see it.

yeah, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Really? All I see is a few Pilots and Engineers whining but not doing anything.

Put a real agenda up with attainable goals and maybe I might part with a buck or two. ****, I might even jump in with both feet.

Other than that..I figure i'm gonna retire in ten years on the island. You have an invite anytime to go fishing (Trout..on a fly)..just cause yer Helicopter and I haves to love ya cause yer family <G>

RTR

I think that a Pilot/ Engineer association isn't a bad thing, but....and here's the but.... I'm not willing to pop my hard earned $$ into something that isn't going anywhere.

It's a shame RTR you feel that way.....but what makes you think we are not going anywhere (with HEPAC)? There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than you would ever be able to read here on this website.

I would like to think that everyone that is interested (and there are many), in HEPAC's concept to represent the flight crews and support people of our industry would have some understanding and patience to see it develope......... it will not happen overnight.

The HAC had its problems with skeptics and the, why should "I" bother, "I" am fine with the way things are, in their early stages also.....but look what it has developed into.....a professional organization that now has strong representation for ownership (operators)......why should pilots and engineers not also have a similar association?

If you consider what we are doing "whining".....then by all means, save your "hard earned $$" and buy something nice for yourself.......but please do not belittle our attempts to build a credible association because Don came across a little harsh with a responce to your point.

There are a lot of use that are actually funding HEPAC out of our own pockets because we see potential and believe in what HEPAC can become in the future........a strong professional association for canadian flight crews.

Cheers, Bob Kellie

No offence taken Black Mac.

Really, you are a big dog with no bite.

Ans: I'm actually a ***** cat.

All I offered was a topic of discussion and a possible road for your organisation (which BTW, was a non issue for HEPAC until I mentioned it) and got jumped on for it.

Get an agenda or get off the podium. To just say " hey, we are here for you" ain't enough.

You had a perfect opportunity with this and you didn't even see it.

yeah, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Ans: You seem to be one of them????

Put a real agenda up with attainable goals and maybe I might part with a buck or two. ****, I might even jump in with both feet.

Ans: The agenda is there, but can only happen if people participate.

Other than that..I figure I'm gonna retire in ten years on the island. You have an invite anytime to go fishing (Trout..on a fly)..just cause yer Helicopter and I haves to love ya cause yer family <G>

RTR

I underlined some of the questions that are worthwhile answering:

RTR: Why I'm responding to your negative attitude is for the following reasons;

1) The people involved in HEPAC are from coast to coast.

2) The acting directors (one just responded to you) are spending their own time and money and effort to get this thing going on a viable basis. The actual cost is not relative at this point (but would well exceed 20K) to get HEPAC of the ground. For a $65 dollars you to can become a member and have access to the suggestion box and state all your concerns.

When I get to the island I will certainly take you up on your offer.

Until then,

Regards, Don