Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

205 And T53 Type Training Sources?

ame206350

Honeywell T53 guy: do you mean Bob Southward ?

Hmmmm....I hope not. I had an LTS course with Bob last fall. I was just told that "our T53 guy retired" and that Honeywell was looking for a new guy. I should have put two-and-two together.

It might very well be Bob. I'm going to check.

Is the course filled already? Does BCIT offer anything for 205?

The Northern Lights stuff just ended for 205 and T53 for the year unless they add something in the fall which is not yet planned.

BCIT apparently offers no type training at all right now.

We might need to get a few guys going before fire season. :lol:

Looks like we''ll probably need to do our own course (contract an instructor). I've already emailed Bob Southward to ask if he still does this type of thing. Very few TC approved courses at all if their website list is current. Looks like we'd have to go for an independent approval from TC as well. I've had to do this a few times for myself or others and TC has been pretty helpful.

What was told me, when I had my in-house course with Bob, was that it could just be approved for the company I worked for at that time.

In other words, it's like I should go for another course if I want to be LTS 101 qualified in another company. I wonder if there is a means of getting the first course fully approved, maybe by proving some experience on the type ?

The Northern Lights stuff just ended for 205 and T53 for the year unless they add something in the fall which is not yet planned.

BCIT apparently offers no type training at all right now.

We might need to get a few guys going before fire season. :lol:

Looks like we''ll probably need to do our own course (contract an instructor). I've already emailed Bob Southward to ask if he still does this type of thing. Very few TC approved courses at all if their website list is current. Looks like we'd have to go for an independent approval from TC as well. I've had to do this a few times for myself or others and TC has been pretty helpful.

If you get one going, shoot me a pm if you have an extra seat for sale.