Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Caravan Down: Lake Erie Accident

N2

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing boots would be useless in a case where an airplane had been sitting in freezing rain.

The real problem here is the hypocrisy between the meaning of rules, such as pertaining to overloads and attempting flight with an airplane contaminated by freezing rain and the way aviation has been regulated for decades with regard to these safety rules.

The poor pilot is torn between unemployment if he/she refuses to fly or rolling the dice once again due to peer pressure from pilots who will and profit pressure from employeers.

It is very easy to read CAR's and smugly state that those are the rules and the pilot has the ultimate responsibility, but how do these young guys explain that to their family when they have no income?

The system has been thus forever.

The regulators sit in their comfortable offices and push more paper while the politicians like retarded monkeys jump into the news media and babble on and on about how dedicated the system is towards safety and what great and wonderful changes this latest tragic event will bring forth to ensure "safety".

Then it all goes quiet until another new accident kills more people in the wrong place and there these monkesy are again bla bla bla,,,,,,

Pure hypocrisy and *** covering on the part of the regulator and the politicans.

Makes me ashamed to be connected with the industry.

Every time I hear or read some TC paper pusher or Politician use the "safety" mantra I feel like shoving it up their .... :down:

Chuck Ellsworth

Yeh, Twinstar_ca , I figured you had forgotten or were not aware that there was freezing rain falling while the airplane was on the ground.

With a little searching you will find that the Cessna Caravan is very unforgiving of frost or ice on the wings and tail.

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk the way I answered, but I just get so **** frustrated when I think of all the people who have died in this industry due to pushing the limits.

And what really gets me most is listening to all the hand wringing and wesealing by the authorities as they try to deflect any responsibility.

I wonder if it will ever change?

Rev. Chas W.

no offense was taken at all here, rev... i'm a little thicker skinned than that!! B)

i know the frustration i used to feel when members of my profession wanted so badly to please the "uppers" that they would make bad choices sometimes...

for that matter, it wasn't until i had a few years under my belt that i learned that you can say no when needed... and if it didn't sit well with someone else's plans, well, i was looking for a job when i found that one...

as far as deflecting responsibilty, it's no different in health care... one only needs to look at waiting times for various procedures and tests and when someone runs out of waiting time, the scrambling starts to see who gets the blame this time!!! :down:

...The real problem here is the hypocrisy between the meaning of rules...

The poor pilot is torn between unemployment if he/she refuses to fly or rolling the dice once again due to peer pressure from pilots who will and profit pressure from employeers....

...how do these young guys explain that to their family when they have no income?...

The system has been thus forever.

The regulators sit in their comfortable offices and push more paper while the politicians like retarded monkeys jump into the news media and babble on and on about how dedicated the system is towards safety and what great and wonderful changes this latest tragic event will bring forth to ensure "safety".

Then it all goes quiet until another new accident kills more people in the wrong place and there these monkesy are again bla bla bla,,,,,,

Pure hypocrisy and *** covering on the part of the regulator and the politicans.

Makes me ashamed to be connected with the industry.

Every time I hear or read some TC paper pusher or Politician use the "safety" mantra I feel like shoving it up their ....  :down:

Chuck Ellsworth

Well Chuck, please tell us how you REALLY feel...

Perhaps you wrote down suggestions somewhere else in your many posts but I would not want to take all of my Thanksgiving Day looking for them, so please, what would you do about this if suddenly you were in TC, say, as the newly appointed Director of Commercial & Business Aviation, and the DGCA asked you to fix this problem of "pilots flying under pressure of losing their jobs?" Since you have strong opinions on the problems, you surely have several suggestions on how to fix. Pease share how you would fix this.