Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Original Ec120 Landing Gear

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well spank my monkey, it doesn't stick out.

But still.....And maybe I'm out to lunch... but if they designed the first ship with AS350 gear, I have a hard time believing the ONLY reason they would change to the 3 point gear so late in the gamewas for improved wirestrike. I think that would just be a side effect. I'm more apt to believe it was something bigger like a ground resonnance issue (as mentioned earlier)....but I guess you never know with those crazy Europeans....

The Bell 407 has had 3 point mounted skid gear (to prevent ground resonance) since it was released in 1996.

Who is copying who ???????

Copying can be spread so far and wide....look at every thing in this world and you'll find that copying is abundant...patent infringement is another ball game

the courts will sort out frivolous BS......if EC has a patent, and it's specific, and Bell intruded upon it, Bell's out of luck. If they can prove there is a significant design difference, then they get lucky.

I'm guessing Bell didn't patent their 3 point system as a ground resonance reducing specific design, so that leaves it free to be explored by other manufacturers to see if it fits their design and accomplishes the task adequately.