Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vortex Ring Advise?

Winnie------you try in a 204/05 what you tried in that 407 and right between both rudder pedals is where you will land, if you don't have some height to escape. You do stuff like that down wind at less than 60kts in those two mediums with a sling load on and the next person you talk to will be either the Ops Mgr, the insurance company or St. Peter. You better not have a"pot" either, because you'll want that cyclic back about where your waitstline used to be eons ago.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was flying a sk76 over the water when we got a transmission chip light then a bang and massive shuddering and more lights in the caution panel than on a christmas tree. :o :shock:

i think we were at 6500 feet. i left the power around 50% and pulled back on the cyclic and zeroed the airspeed. we entered vortex ring and came out of the sky like a brick. at 500 feet i pushed cyclic forward to exit the vortex state. started my flare at 150 feet, called for floats at 50 feet and plunked it on the water.

the simulator instructor was just shaking his head :P

hey, i got it down ;)

man, those simulators are great!! :up: