Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I'm Outa Here

Actually the car limped all the way here from Vancouver. I have family here and a mechanic that is a friend of the family. It should make it now, but the next time it quits I am getting out and walking away.

By the way, this place is crawling with helicopters. I wish I could go tomorrow morning…stupid car. <_<

Maybe I haven’t been around long enough Maggie, but you don’t aggravate me yet. :up:

Two more sleeps! :up: :up: :up:

Apprentice :huh:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from Yellowknife.

Nice town...no work. I came up to late. I was tossing bags in planes at YVR when I should have been tossing resumes in DOM's hands. Oh well. I am here for another week at least while I figure out what my next move is.

That is all for now. Anyone have any advice?

Scratching his head, and bug bites,

You should go to the gold range and go try out some of the local talent, who know you may may find someone to help you forget all of your troubles. Tell them your a pilot tho , it works better.

If you make it out of there alive and when your heading through Dawson Creek with your new family . Stop in at Northern lights college at the hanger and check out there job posting board. I remember it is usually quite full.

There's a fixed wing company in Norman wells that allways has ads in the papers looking for anybody , I think there called Northwright air or something . Its the only charter company up there, but don't think of driving up there as it is only accesable in the winter by road . Would be worth calling them before you leave.

I hope this helps you and I hope your enjoying the long days up there as i miss them, But i've done my time up there.

Good news everyone!

I found work. :up: Spent today reading the MPM, and MCM, and CARs 571, and AWM 571, and have taken the Aircrew Reference Manual back to the tent to read. This is all apart of the initial training. My head hurts but I am happy to have my first job.

Thanks everyone for the advice and the encouragement. :D

Congrats Frickin A. :up: :up:

Those guys are awsome to work for and you will experience and see things that the majority of people only read about in National Geographic!! Also, when you have the chance, go to a little place called Bullocks, fresh fish with all you can eat home made fries!!!

The only piece of advice I will give you besides the normal stuff is ALWAYS COME FORWARD AND ADMIT WHEN YOU F-CK SOMETHING UP!!!!!

Good luck :D:D

Hey all

Got the weekend off to get settled in here. I've done 3 days of paperwork. Can't wait to get onto the floor. I've been writing a test the last couple days. Flipping through manuals untill the smoke escapes from the wires in my head. I am learning lots though. The back of my hand it getting red from the slaps I have been recieving. :D I am having a great time though.

I have found the Gold Range... :shock:

That is all for now.

Guest graunch1

It's nice to see someone who packed his bags and heading north looking for a job instead of sitting in the south whining about the lack of work :up:

Good luck FA and for the rest of you that are out of work ---pay attention to the entire thread - you will learn something about perseverence :bye: