Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell Uh-1 Super B

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the Super B. All I know is that it might be in the restricted catagory, and judging by the name it's a modified UH-1B (like a modified 204 maybe?). I know there are a few operated in the US, but would like to know what sets it apart from the rest. I've already tried wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UH-1_Iroquois and they have everything but this it seems. Any help apprieciated.

Ok, thanks, so it's just a bigger engine. I guess it's equivelent to the UH-1M huey, which is just a UH-1C model with the t53-13. I thought there would be some radical changes since it's restricted, but I guess not. It's for a school project I'm doing on huey's, and I stumbled across the super B.

Guest jacdor
Ok, thanks, so it's just a bigger engine. I guess it's equivelent to the UH-1M huey, which is just a UH-1C model with the t53-13. I thought there would be some radical changes since it's restricted, but I guess not. It's for a school project I'm doing on huey's, and I stumbled across the super B.

I am thinking that you might be refering to the Bell 214B which looks like a huey, sounds like a huey and I did hear here and there the 214B being called the super B

Is it possible that it could be the one you are talking about?

There is also the Bell 205B which is basicaly a huey11 only 3 made I believe built on a twin huey airframe and components but with one engine T53-17

JD

The Super Huey typically is a reference to any of the "short" UH-1 series, modified with a tail boom plug to increase the length of the tail boom, allowing the installation of the larger diameter UH-1H rotor sytem.

The other big lifting Bell was the Bell 211, the HueyTug a forerunner of the Bell 214B. It was a commercial version of the UH-1C with an upgraded transmission, longer main rotor (UH-1H series), larger tailboom, strengthened fuselage and a 2,650 shp T55-L-7 turboshaft engine.

Now that is a SUPER Huey! :D

The 214B and 204/UH-1 are in no way related other than they have the same heritage, look vaguely similar and share the same derivation from Bell Helicopters. Both are exceptional machines.

I worked on fires in thompson manitoba in1989...they hired 2 machines from montana...they were 204's with the cobra drive train and rotor...had no stab bar and the swashplate was more like a 206 than a medium...had pilot position on the left side..the company was called bluebird helicopters...they were painted robin egg blue..they were running a -13 engine...had no passenger seats..was listed as experimental..they were used for water bombing and food haulers...I believe they said the top speed was 130 knots.. B)