Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Airport Security

The apes they have working the terminals at LAX are so shortchanged in the brain department its unbelievable. On one of my recent trips to the US I had 200 rolls of slide film, in their plastic containers, inside the sealed box they come in, inside the plastic film that they are wrapped in. Now when I went through the x ray machine they asked me why I was carrying so many rolls of film and what did I do for a job. You would have thought that seeing the two camera bodies, the three lenses and the tripod would have given them some indication.

But no, they asked again even though I pointed out the other items. Now get this, they made me unwrap the packages of film, unseal each one of the boxes, remove the actual roll of film from the plastic container and then they decided to test each one of them with their explosives machine. So it took them 35 mins to rub their little piece of cloth over each roll and put it into their machine. Surprise surprise it came back negative on each one. They must have though old Been Laid Recently owned Fuji film and tampered with the film when it was made.

Talk about morons. :down: :down:

Heli Ops

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAX was where some chick asked me "Could anyone have placed something in your luggage without your knowledge sir?". I respond "If it was without my knowledge I wouldn't know... would I?". She says (sternly), "That's why we ask sir!"

But examining 200 rolls of film... holy f@#k... how did you keep your cool?

HV

630 in the morning Edmonton I got the instructor and the student..... Sir I got a reading of his boots.... tell him to take them off and send them through the x ray.....Sir I got a reading from his belt......make him take it of and put it through the xray.... Sir I got a reading form his pants................. 45 minutes later......

What do you expect from someone being paid minmum wage? They get told what to do and what to say and if they don't do all that, they loose that mimum paid job and someone else assumes it. I've been asked the same questions and answer "No" because I keep a constant eye on my luggage that stays with me. Sit down at Pearson Airport in Toronto for awhile and have a look at those nationalities passing by you and I got no problem with the security. I don't think Ace Bailey of the Edmonton Oilers would have disageed with that statement seconds before the body-checked the side of the WTC tower.

It is not as idiotic as flying into "Squirrel Town" Canada where there's town of 250 people with one dirt strip. Around that airport will be a chain link fence and someone will give you the code to punch into the buttons on the gate. .......so your engineer can go do his maintenance and join the mosquitos, black-flies and "bull-dogs that are awaiting him nightly. I can only assume that "the powers-that-be" assume that Osama's gang does not have nor has heard of something called bolt-cutters or wire-cutters. I can also go down to the drinking water supply in that same hamlet and drop a vial of whatever I choose into their lake or resevoir and the only thing stopping me in the majority of cases will be being attacked by some wild animal.

Cap-- Pretty Ridiculous, but true

I live in a City, (border town) We call it, 'Little Kuwait'

Men and women's livelihood is based around Petrochemical Industry here. Refineries are everywhere... You can walk virtually undetected around the plants... It would be way too easy for a terrorist to sabotage. NO ONE is watching you here.

Maybe it's a timebomb.. but no one is lifting a finger about it.

Yet when I cross the border to the US to go shopping or out to dinner, the border guards are way too itchy to grease up their latex gloves if you get the drift...

You wanna yell " Hey! You already F***ed up!"

The Canadian Minister of Transport Jean Lapierre said in an interview during the opening of the ICAO Conference in Montreal that even though security is a top prority at airports, maybe the pendulum has swung too far, as line-ups are sometimes too long, (played yesterday on CBC Radio News).

Maybe he has been reading these posts and changes are coming. Well done guys.

Hey Cap I see your point but they so called security here is not here....it is just a cheap wash down so it looks good for the media..... U wanna see security go through Ben Gurion Airport...... There is security.....and absolut pro`s in security working there.....I don`t have a problem with being checked.....but if I get checked then check me and do not waste my time with some senseless media eyewash, half *(&%^$ security guard which does not even knows my name after he just looked at my passport........that is not security......