Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Owners At Airborne

I don't believe Airborne is Looking for a Chief Pilot right now, but I can confirm the change in majority ownership, although the Nabors share has remained the same. The previous majority shareholders have been bought out by the previous DOM. Needed changes are being made, and although the recession has hit them hard like most in the aviation industry, the future is looking good for the company if they stay the course.

500 views and no real information. Perhaps the good people who work there are so scared to post anything to confirm or deny the rumours and the good people who got fired are happy to be well out of it.

Even so, public humiliation is always going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

To the good people who work there, good luck, you are going to need it.

500 views and no real information. Perhaps the good people who work there are so scared to post anything to confirm or deny the rumours and the good people who got fired are happy to be well out of it.

Even so, public humiliation is always going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

To the good people who work there, good luck, you are going to need it.

People are always angry and want to justify their job when downsizing occurs. Dead weight was removed,and un-needed positions eliminated. You can't keep laying out cash on unnecessary employees just because "that's the why it was done". Airborne has been top heavy for years.....it's getting remedied.

I don't see cleaning up shop and watching the dollars and cents as a form of public humiliation, it just has to be done.....or eventually nobody has a paycheck.

Worked beside them up North this summer, nice bunch of guys and a very nice hanger. Wish them well, they deserve it. It's the ECONOMY and a LACK of WORK everywhere that is hurting good companies, plain and simple, nothing more.

And here I thought, it was just "deregulation and an over supply of aircraft" that played a factor of "adjustment" in this industry....???????????????????!!!

Helilog56, now you've done it. I hesitated to use the "D" word (Like the C, N, and F word) but now that the cat's out of the bag-you're right, that's what, in my opinion, started the whole mess. You must be my age to remember those old pre D days. Knew it was going to come out eventually. All part of the Government helping us.

Helilog56, now you've done it. I hesitated to use the "D" word (Like the C, N, and F word) but now that the cat's out of the bag-you're right, that's what, in my opinion, started the whole mess. You must be my age to remember those old pre D days. Knew it was going to come out eventually. All part of the Government helping us.

I can't disagree with you guys at all. I'm generally against excessive government involvment in any industry, but the aviation industry has a poor track record for handling it's own survival.

Guest plumber

Maybe they need to unionize

I can't see how that would help companies stay afloat. It would be hard for companies to get rid of this so called dead weight.

I've been in a couple unions and though they serve a purpose in some cases, they have become big business trying to bleed every last penny out of members and company alike.