Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Owners At Airborne

I am not sure that decribing those who were 'downsized' as 'dead wood' would gain you any friends.

The rumour is that they were all replaced anyway and that the public humiliation was in the way that it was done, not necessarily in saving money.

Only a couple positions were replaced, the rest of the positions were eliminated until such time as the company is busy enough to justify the number of personel. If you were one of the ones let go I feel for you, but every industry has been forced to make decisions like these in the interest of their respective companies. Airborne's ratio of office and managment staff to the number of revenue earning aircraft was too high, and no company can run like that forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I didnt't specify all.

Aicraft: AS350

Radios installed:

Tecnosonic VHF/FM AIRBORNE TRANSCEIVER + ordinary VHF

Ground crew: They have portable FM radios that is on frequency with the aicrafts FM radio. They also have ordinary industry helmets with ICS that connects to the FM handheld through a cord with a blue unit that you need to press for transmit.

This solution works, but...

We have tried to connect the Gallet helmet cord directly into this blue unit (NATO plug) but it doesnt work.

So as of today when a crew member exists the aircraft, he needs to take he's gallet helmet off, put on a odrinary industry helmet, connect the FM radio.

This is also the helmet he needs to work with during cargo operations.

We want all of our employees to be able to use their Gallet helmet at all times.

Came on this forum to see if some of you has got the optimal system/solution for this.

I am not sure about the price yet, but I have found this:

http://www.telephonics.com/products/trulink.asp (expensive)

&

http://www.tigerperformance.com/dropbox.asp

Sorry, I didnt't specify all.

Aicraft: AS350

Radios installed:

Tecnosonic VHF/FM AIRBORNE TRANSCEIVER + ordinary VHF

Ground crew: They have portable FM radios that is on frequency with the aicrafts FM radio. They also have ordinary industry helmets with ICS that connects to the FM handheld through a cord with a blue unit that you need to press for transmit.

This solution works, but...

We have tried to connect the Gallet helmet cord directly into this blue unit (NATO plug) but it doesnt work.

So as of today when a crew member exists the aircraft, he needs to take he's gallet helmet off, put on a odrinary industry helmet, connect the FM radio.

This is also the helmet he needs to work with during cargo operations.

We want all of our employees to be able to use their Gallet helmet at all times.

Came on this forum to see if some of you has got the optimal system/solution for this.

I am not sure about the price yet, but I have found this:

http://www.telephonics.com/products/trulink.asp (expensive)

&

http://www.tigerperformance.com/dropbox.asp

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Only a couple positions were replaced, the rest of the positions were eliminated until such time as the company is busy enough to justify the number of personel. If you were one of the ones let go I feel for you, but every industry has been forced to make decisions like these in the interest of their respective companies. Airborne's ratio of office and managment staff to the number of revenue earning aircraft was too high, and no company can run like that forever.

At least Airborne is doing what it needs to stay alive. I worked for a company who did the complete opposite, it layed off "all" of the pilots and kept everyone in the office employed when things got slow. It was a kick to the kahonies to see office fat cats collect their huge salaries and the grunts who did the revenue work were layed off without even given an option to work in the shop to stay employed.This company lost some good pilots because of this. I hope the pilots at Airborne have been treated fairly. I am not saying the office employees are not needed, it is just easy for a company to get out of hand with the amount of management it employs.