Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helijet C+

canuck

I heard that Helijet is insolvent. How can an insolvent company win a multi-million dollar contract from the provincial government?

You have to understand that the senior bureaucrats and the MLA's do not want to lose their downtown to downtown helicopter service.

and so they award the contract to HJ to ensure they will be solvent.

If they do go t1tters heads will roll at the ledge because then that question will be asked on the floor. (How did a financially troubled company win the contract.)

To add to the irony VIH/Cougar were told they didn't win because of concerns about their long term financial solvency.

Jeezus wept.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to understand that the senior bureaucrats and the MLA's do not want to lose their downtown to downtown helicopter service.

and so they award the contract to HJ to ensure they will be solvent.

If they do go t1tters heads will roll at the ledge because then that question will be asked on the floor. (How did a financially troubled company win the contract.)

To add to the irony VIH/Cougar were told they didn't win because of concerns about their long term financial solvency.

Jeezus wept.

hello deuce.whats happening with all the personal at the rupert base.shame to see the place go.i guess ken really is cleaning house.all he wants to play with is 61s 92s and kmovs and his pet jet.its been coming for quite a while.hopefully some of the top heavy managment goes too.say hello to everyone and take care. mini..

hello deuce.whats happening with all the personal at the rupert base.shame to see the place go.i guess ken really is cleaning house.all he wants to play with is 61s 92s and kmovs and his pet jet.its been coming for quite a while.hopefully some of the top heavy managment goes too.say hello to everyone and take care. mini..

Will do bud.

It is still there, but it has been closed for the past year or two. Looks like it was a good place to go have a cold-one after a day of flying.

My bad...my experience there does feel like yesterday but I suppose it's been quite a few years. Sad to hear it's closed down, It was a great place for Friday late lunches etc...

And back to the base being sold, very truly the end of an era, Agreed! Does that mean helijet will acquire the appropriate base vfr machine as well? And Deuce, are you and the others crossing over?

Sad note about the Seal Cove base alright. I well remember slinging the hangar roof frames in place back around '69 or '70 with a 47G4, probably PVV. It was Erv Tingstad's base at that time, but he was holidaying.

Used to love Rupert because it had less rain than Ocean Falls, Rainman.

That is indeed where my name cometh! Rupert that is...Great thing about flying off that base was often times it'd be horrible in Rupert but up in Stewart, Anyox, even Kincolith the sun could be shining and we'd have a great day. I still miss that place.