Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helijet C+

canuck

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So how is Helijet doing in PR?

Ontario:2012, next?

Johns not following your post Ontario 2012, next?

What does that mean?

Ontario is Ornge country for the air ambulance business and with there newly purchased 139´s will be there for some time. Only thing I know is CHL might not supply pilots and engineers to Ornge after that time when there contract ends. I am assuming if they don´t contract the crews will hire there own?

Just on my second week here in "The Rupe" and the transition seems pretty smooth. The paramedics are all great, most have been down to Seal Cove to get a briefing on the 76. Downtown, everyone is curious about Helijet coming in, nothing bad, but the odd person mentioning "too bad". Oh well, times do change. Helijet also has a LongRanger up here for some VFR work, and is busy tidying up and putting their stamp on things.

On the flying side, the Province is happy with a scene call we did up here on the Yellowhead near Rainbow Lake, you may have heard about the young 15 YOF that was killed in an MVA on Saturday, that's the one. She succumbed to her injuries at the hospital.

The first crew in put up 22 hours in 12 days here, not bad, mind you, it seems I'm stuck on the SC-YPR-Hosp run a lot these days. lots of 6 minute trips!!

good point, but could the ontario government tender a contract for aircrews/maintenance only?

That's what they are doing now....Gov owns AC and contracts crew with CHL. Later this year, they'll run everything themselves. Everyone will be Ornge Employees like they do with the FW side of things.

That's what they are doing now....Gov owns AC and contracts crew with CHL. Later this year, they'll run everything themselves. Everyone will be Ornge Employees like they do with the FW side of things.

The ontario government does not own ORNGE, it is a "not for profit organization" it is made up of holding companies and such but is paid by the Ontario government for services. a mystery for sure.