Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Digital Flight Tickets/ Reports

Guest 47yrLowTimer

Not to hijack the thread,

would like to help out.

Spent the last 12 years writing code for web databases.

Pretty sure I could whip something up in short order.

Just need details of what info people want for invoicing etc.

Pm me

Bill

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread,

would like to help out.

Spent the last 12 years writing code for web databases.

Pretty sure I could whip something up in short order.

Just need details of what info people want for invoicing etc.

Pm me

Bill

Hi Bill,

Your proposal sounds interesting.

I think the ideal solution would be something that integrates all the step from generating the flight ticket by aircrew to sending the invoice to the customer, recording payment and ultimately help with the overall accounting.

This again would ideally integrate with aircraft records, flight crew duty times etc.

I would be interesting to gauge the need/interest in the industry for such a solution, considering a scalability to accommodate as wide a range of operators as possible.

Anybody have some input on this?

Sven

Hi Bill,

Your proposal sounds interesting.

I think the ideal solution would be something that integrates all the step from generating the flight ticket by aircrew to sending the invoice to the customer, recording payment and ultimately help with the overall accounting.

This again would ideally integrate with aircraft records, flight crew duty times etc.

I would be interesting to gauge the need/interest in the industry for such a solution, considering a scalability to accommodate as wide a range of operators as possible.

Anybody have some input on this?

Sven

Theres an app for the ipad called Quicksale that creates invoices. You can customize all the fields to make it into a flight ticket.

This all works fine and dandy if the internet works. I have been finding all this Digital crap a pain in the wazzo when so many times I have mediocre internet.

The way I think it has to work (and does) is allowing you to make all your entries and reports on a digital system without being online, then once you have access to the Internet, you take your device and can hit submit. The key is for what you are sending to be extremely small (a few kilobytes), so you don't have to worry about mediocre Internet. That's the challenge in developing something like this and keeps all concerned parties happy.

The plus side is that Internet connections are only getting faster and more readily available.

1331318147[/url]' post='140893']

I've actually been using what most of us have... an iPhone works great too take a snapshot of your paper invoices completed at days end and send it immediately to the office.

My low tech Neanderthal way of trying to keep the office (somewhat) happy !!??!

• Like 1