Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cost Of Bell 407 Maintenance

hoyas1

Lots! LOL

Seriously, the 407 and C47 engine operate on the 300 hour inspection cycle. Depends of course how "thurough" you are on your inspections. When I was with the government and did everything by the book, a 300 hour took considerable time. Other operators do one in a couple of days. Depends on how and where you operate them, maintenance practices, facilities, etc etc. Add a couple of Avionics guys into the mix too....

Let me know how it goes................

R...

How many aircraft line technicians and other maintenance personnel would be required to service a fleet of 75 Bell 407 aircraft, each of which if flown 480 hours/year?

I would agree with cambox...depends on the type of ops and the people you have...I have flown and worked on 407 for 13 years and I find them a lot less of a hassle to work on than the L model 206...there are fewer inspections on the airframe than an L but the 300 hr is fairly intense but with newer machines this is usually straight forward...if they all come do for a 300 hr at the same time you would have your hands full...engine 150 is not much...300 hr on engine would be little bit more intense....with 3 guys on an aicraft these things can be done in a couple of days....so with 75 machines...480 hrs per machine...If I said I could guess a number on this site I would be setting myself up to be crusified.....and then there is the 5 year inspections...you don't want to know about it..pottsy

• 2 years later...