Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Transport Canada Waiting Times For Endorsements.

It won't help walking into the Whitehorse office, all they do is complain about the fact that they can't process anything of use any more due to staff cut backs and everything now being done out of the office in Ottawa.

So..... I called Ottawa and upon finally getting somebody who knew what they were talking about they also complained about being short staffed and said "we will get to it when we can"

Painful process but my advice is keep calling main office otherwise they will probably never get it processed. They were that dis organised with my application they ended up sending me a second temporary validation until they could get the proper one.

to me.

Anyway disgruntled public servants that don't like their job and are in no hurry to do anything what can you do... Hurry up and wait.

It depends on what office you deal with. Although I've had the best luck with Ontario trying to help out. Bc is useless. You get the cut back story then they tell u to file a complaint and they will submit it to the right people. Seems like a bit of a work to rule attitude. I almost lost over 10k while after 2 months of waiting for a rating overseas. I did file a Cairs as recommended by transport Canada and recommend an expedited process for people overseas or in need where the 90day privilege means nothing. I said I would be happy to pay $500 dollars for an expedited service rather than loose over 10k. They said they would have to change legislation. Then I applied to head office for my 412 endorsement after 2.5 months I called they then asked why I sent my application to head office. I replied because if I don't live in the country anymore the TC website says to send applications to head office. After 90 days of waiting I knew they hadn't completed it yet I didn't really need it anyway but I emailed them saying its been over 90 days as per there policy. They replied they would have to give me a restricted vfr 412 rating I then had to argue with multiple emails referring to and interpreting the cars so they would issue the lisence. Which in the end they did. So good luck to anyone who applies and needs a rating in less than 90 days. Helicopters seem to be a grey area to TC.

• 1 month later...

For an update from the original poster (me!), called TC (Winnipeg office) and got an answering machine, left a message explaining my situation, that my 90 day temporary was almost expired and I request an extension. Actually got a call back from TC, said they haven't processed it yet, and will send out an extension. Got it in the mail after a week, and the week after that got my actual endorsement in the mail. Seems like such an efficient place.... Oh well I've got my endorsement and that's all I needed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just phoned trasport about my endorsement as my 90 days is up on the 17th. The lady told me that they are 3 months behind in their processing of endorsements and they would email me an extension letter. She was pretty rude about the whole thing but at least I'm getting it taken care of. I had her direct number from an email that she sent requesting a payment that I had already made 2 months earlier so I didn't have to wait for a call back. Pm me if you want it.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps Transport is getting caught up?

I completed my 206 rating yesterday - huzzah! :D -, and the ops manager had the paperwork filled out and sent away lickety-split, so this should make for a good empirical test (albeit with a sample size of one).

I'll keep y'all posted...

D.

• 1 month later...

TC is far from caught up! This past November I received endorsement on the 90th day, had to get an extension letter. I also submitted another endorsement in the beginning of April, I have 18 days left, I phoned TC and was told that my sticker is being processed and should receive it in about 2 weeks, I asked for an extension as Im going on tour fairly soon. I was told it was $40 because they are processing it within the 90 day allowance!

Why cant the temporary "signature" be valid for an extra 42 days? It makes no sense to me, just another cash grab for TC! If I dont pay the $40 I wont be able to fly the machine Im endorsed on because I dont have a sticker in my booklet. If TC knows that your endorsed and you have a signature in your book you should be fine, if not they should automatically give you a paper copy when you submit your application thats valid until you get your sticker, but that would just mean TC looses another cash grab!