Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Pilot Rates

ECU Manual ------ your water also goes down the drain and down the toilet turning in the opposite direction to what it does in Canada, so that could also explain why we do that "contract thing"differently also in this part of the world. Sound reasonable?........yeah I thought so too. :lol:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

####,

With respect mate, that explanation is a load of baloney.

Simply put theres not a lot of medium drivers here in Canada with experience at all.

I think you quality drivers wherever you are should start telling the operator how much you want to be paid. Don't ask!!!

If it can be done in the land of Oz where there ARE actually many more pilots with experience than in Canada, (per capita) then I'm pretty sure it can be done here.

ECU Manual

####,

With respect mate, that explanation is a load of baloney.

Simply put theres not a lot of medium drivers here in Canada with experience at all.

I think you quality drivers wherever you are should start telling the operator how much you want to be paid. Don't ask!!!

ECU....what MS said is quite accurate. How is it you came to believe that there is a shortage of drivers, specifically in the medium market? Perhaps a rumour usually driven by out of work flight crews? Sure, if a boomer of a fire season breaks wide open and huge hours start to be flown, of course there will be a shortage as pilots t/x. For that to happen this year in Canada....ha!

In my miniscule 30 years in this industry, I have found that a lot of operators are actually very open to negotiating contract rates. Not all of course, but if they are that set in their rates, and you don't like it, one can just go elsewhere... perhaps back to Oz, where the rates are so much better.....?

ECU Manual:

It's nice to hears somebody with gonnads, good on you and I hope it workd out for you.

Here in Canada the pilots and ame's have never agreed on anything since the begining of helicopter operations.

The operator's have gotten together and formed an assocciation to cowtow to the people using helicopters.

Any client knows the price of doing busness is not controlled by the aviation industry, but by the end user.

There ia an overabundance of both helicopters and crews and the clients know it.

HAC, to survive does absolutely nothing about it. If they had any balls they would set minimus for all helicopters.

Pilots and ame's have to get together and do the same thing, minimum wages.

For all Pilots and Engineers, I would say join PHPA and do something for your future.

Are you not tired of not gettin kissed while being screwed.

I really don't know what it is about Canadian's that seem to love getting shyte upon.

Most people and operator's still don't know the difference between regulation and de-regulation.

Has anybody figured out why the governments do nothing about the gst on gas prices, they haul in more cash every time the price goes up.

As a "Goods and Services" tax, what service is provided at a self service gas station. As a county self reliant on fuel, why should we be paying the going rate??????

Start thinking people and doing something about it.

Blackmac,

Thanks for your affirmation, I was beginning to think I was alone.

####,

I did try it and it worked. I arrived here from Australia, with my Permanent Residence as I heard Canada was looking for drivers. I made one, that is one phone call to one operator and I TOLD them how much I was charging, and how many hours I would charge for the season. You call that minimums ,which they thought about for 2 hours and agreed to. I have had a very good summer thank you and am heading back to Australia for their fire season to fly while you sit here and whine.

Why do you think Australian and New Zealanders get invited here. Because we don't whine. WE WORK!

You try it and tell me how it works for YOU Mr Maggy.

Who said the Poms were whingers!!

Good luck to you mate.

ECU Manual

Perhaps my fellow country men should show how big their balls really are and stay in canada for the winter and fly a medium either on the east side of the rocks in 40 below or on the west side in driving rain wind and fog, in stead of running back to australia with a pocket full of cash as soon as the weather turns. Good luck to you mate but I am australian and have immigrated here too and there is no need for you to come here and tell the canadians what to do and how to do it and then run home again. Ask yourself why you flew across the pacific to work in the first place.

Guest jesse
Why do you think Australian and New Zealanders get invited here. Because we don't whine. WE WORK
All hail the Australian helicopter pilot god <_<

Maybe they could demand higher wages if there wasnt an abundance of immigrant labor :down: