Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Immigration

Did the immigration process all by myself personally there is no need for a lawyer. In the middle of my application 911 went down and the fall out from that was canada changed its whole immigration act. I worked my way to speaking to the ministers personal secretary in ottawa without giving a lawyer ten thousand dollars. Bottom line if you are like me and have not made your fortune yet, save your money and do it yourself. Its not rocket science just read the fine print like any contract.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the immigration process all by myself personally there is no need for a lawyer. In the middle of my application 911 went down and the fall out from that was canada changed its whole immigration act. I worked my way to speaking to the ministers personal secretary in ottawa without giving a lawyer ten thousand dollars. Bottom line if you are like me and have not made your fortune yet, save your money and do it yourself. Its not rocket science just read the fine print like any contract.

What kind of lengths of time are you talking about from start to finish of apllication?

Did you apply by the skilled trade immigrant or the spouse sponsor?

Hey Old Bull, I got a deal for ya. Let's make an exchange.......you take my place on Canadian soil and you find me a good job in Aussie land. It's about time I go back there to have another look at your fine, outstanding women before I "cash in my chips".  They were FINE-looking in '67 and I see no reason why you guys wouldn't have improved on the model since then.  :lol:  :lol:

No worries mate!

I could point you in the right direction back in OZ.......but i am sure you know aussies anyway..??

Old bull ----- you bet I know Aussies........and if I didn't, I have a constant reminder because I work with three plus another 2 "Kiwi's". I'm still trying to decipher what something called an "ewock" is. Probably got that spelling wrong on that, but perhaps you could enlighten me. :D

Old bull ----- you bet I know Aussies........and if I didn't, I have a constant reminder because I work with three plus another 2 "Kiwi's". I'm still trying to decipher what something called an "ewock" is. Probably got that spelling wrong on that, but perhaps you could enlighten me. :D

From what i know being a huge 'Star Wars' fan it was the little fury creatures in the Retun of the Jedi that lived on the planet Endor and helped the aliance defeat the Empire....enough info for ya? B)