Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A & P License

amodao

I have an AME license but I would like to get an A & P license.

If anyone is familiar with the process, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, all you have to do is check the little box on the inside of a book of matches and send it way....The A&P license arrives by mail a week later.

67November, Thanks!

Arctic_front, lots of talk about good old Transport Canada giving a third party organization control of the AME licensing system. Sounds like another NAVCANADA style deal. Its all a lot of talk right now but yah never know......

Anyways, we have a NAFTA agreement with the FAA allowing AMO's to perform maintenance of N registered aircraft and visa versa with their approved Repair Stations. In todays global market it pays to be versatile, keeping the options open can't hurt.

B)

"I'm not a US Citizen, and I live outside the United States. How do I get a mechanic's certificate?"

http://www.faa.gov/mechanics/become/basic/

And if you're in YVR Amodao call the Seattle FSDO:

Seattle Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) <--- link

1601 Lind Avenue SW, Renton, WA 98055

Phone: (425) 227-2813, (800) 354-1940

FAX: (425) 227-1810

7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

Monday – Friday (appointments recommended)

Contact www.fixthatplane.com They give you all the info you need and will send the books you need to study. They organise your FAA interview and the whole A&P thing can be done in as little as 1.5 days, just make sure you do the "study" they advise before you get there, then you can get on the turps and enjoy yourself.