State of the industry for low-timers

13 minutes ago, atari said:

Here ya go. One of many.

IMG_4797.thumb.jpeg.62ee16da653179d70f52fc2f819d2de3.jpeg

Again, not the right places.  
Pro tip:

The best companies/customers don’t advertise like that, especially a head hunter (They get paid to find low price talent)…. 🚩🚩🚩Good companies will have a careers opportunity tab on their company website.  Good company’s don’t need to advertise, just like in Canada.  

• Thanks 1

I’m sure there are companies that pay more, like there are in Canada. I’m just making a point that not everything in the US is gravy, like in Canada. This industry has it’s ups and downs (pun intended) so when the oil crashes again, what will happen to all those high paying jobs that you guys talk about in the Gulf of Mexico? Today’s good, tomorrow… who knows. CHC was great at some point then it wasn’t. It’s a revolving door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, atari said:

I’m just making a point that not everything in the US is gravy,

I never said that it was, legacy companies down there 70 years old and more aren’t going anywhere in my lifetime.

There is however one hundred fold the opportunity, I’ve been working states side for many years and have key customers as well as newer ones that all pay very well.  
I can’t do all the research for everyone else and I’m certainly not hiring any more right now.  I know Canadian pilots and ames all over the gulf, Florida, Texas, all through the Midwest and the Carolina’s.  

The fact is the opportunity is more imbalanced between Canada and the USA than I have ever seen in my career.  

$40USD equates to $54.90CAD.  
So for those at the bottom of the rates in the USA they are near the top in Canada, that is a fact.
 Not only that but there is half the taxes, better climate (except for Alaska) and way more stipends and benefits.  Not to mention way more fleet diversity, support, tooling, as well as the many highly experienced tech reps/A&P’s and infrastructure.  
The worst climate I’ve worked was Louisiana because of its humidity.  I’ll take that any day over working in Ring Border or Points North or Bell 2 for way less.  
I’ve said my piece, do what you want, I’m trying to keep the community informed, and help Canadians.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You tend to just #### all over aviation in Canada constantly, despite you asking who is working where and what’s going on…
You wrench in the states, awesome, sounds like you really like it, I'm sure you have lots in common with people on a US forum, but this was a Canadian forum and what happens in the US doesn’t really apply here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Tundra said:

You tend to just #### all over aviation in Canada constantly, despite you asking who is working where and what’s going on…
You wrench in the states, awesome, sounds like you really like it, I'm sure you have lots in common with people on a US forum, but this was a Canadian forum and what happens in the US doesn’t really apply here. 

It does when Canadian citizens Pilots and AME’s are working there, as well as all over the world (as many of us have for decades).

I don’t “#### all over aviation in Canada constantly”, what I do however is talk facts with what is going on with it.  The industry in Canada is struggling to say the least.  It’s turned into a part time or former profession for many due to that fact.  No offence intended, but it’s a fact.  

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tundra said:

this was a Canadian forum and what happens in the US doesn’t really apply here

The most successful Canadian operators have US divisions, that isn’t coincidence.  I don’t understand your logic nor did I get the memo that this is a Canadian only forum, if it’s in the community guidelines or recent memo I must have missed it.  

• Thanks 2

On 6/13/2024 at 4:14 PM, Razorback said:

According to this there are only 890 helicopters left in Canada, I thought the numbers you stated were correct but according to the registry they’re high. 😳

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/CCARCS-RIACC/RchAvcRes.aspx?m=||&cn=||&mn=||&sn=||&wf=0&wt=1000000&iy=%%&aac=2&ne=%%&ce=%%&rp=%%&fr=%%&in=||&ay=%%&ac=%%&sc=%%&on=||&tn=||&c=||&r=%%&p=%%&pc=||&mo=A&rfr=RchAvc.aspx

Edit:  somethings up with the advanced search, there’s 3001 as of 2023 year end.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/CCARCS-RIACC/SmYACat.aspx

Ya I agree the search by aircraft type isn’t working on my end either just the year end tally. 

46 minutes ago, CM119 said:

I never said that it was, legacy companies down there 70 years old and more aren’t going anywhere in my lifetime.

There is however one hundred fold the opportunity, I’ve been working states side for many years and have key customers as well as newer ones that all pay very well.  
I can’t do all the research for everyone else and I’m certainly not hiring any more right now.  I know Canadian pilots and ames all over the gulf, Florida, Texas, all through the Midwest and the Carolina’s.  

The fact is the opportunity is more imbalanced between Canada and the USA than I have ever seen in my career.  

$40USD equates to $54.90CAD.  
So for those at the bottom of the rates in the USA they are near the top in Canada, that is a fact.
 Not only that but there is half the taxes, better climate (except for Alaska) and way more stipends and benefits.  Not to mention way more fleet diversity, support, tooling, as well as the many highly experienced tech reps/A&P’s and infrastructure.  
The worst climate I’ve worked was Louisiana because of its humidity.  I’ll take that any day over working in Ring Border or Points North or Bell 2 for way less.  
I’ve said my piece, do what you want, I’m trying to keep the community informed, and help Canadians.    

What?! I love Points North! Lol.

It’s what you make out of it I guess. I’m not trying to argue your point, I know there are good opportunities in the US, but also in Canada. Not as many, but of course it’s not comparable in terms of economy or population! 

Hope everyone has a good summer

• Like 4

1 minute ago, atari said:

but also in Canada

I think for low time fresh licensed personnel it’s a good time to get going in Canada pilots and ame’s alike.  That’s due to an industry self induced shortage.  If you enjoy it and think you’re being paid enough than all the power to you,  it’s a choice.  The world is yours, you can work wherever you want 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1