Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Another Cracked 500 Blade,photo's

T tail

Couple of photo's of a cracked PMA blade on a 500 from the south Pacific, Blade had done 1398 hours and 9,300 T/E's. Was picked up in an inspection after it went slightly out of track. Had only cracked on the bottom side but was very close to starting on the top. Machine had done no hard lifting like Drills, Shakes etc....

Cheers TTpost-2189-1159424679_thumb.jpgpost-33-1159433399_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :( How do we, in this day and age, allow sh*t parts such as these PMA blades on our aircraft. I think it's the responsibility of transport canada, the FAA, etc. and the helicopter community to take action in cases such as this. And I don't mean an AD to inspect your blades. The MD blades don't crack like this!!!

I can't believe we, as human beings, can expect someone to go flogging around in a machine with critical components that knowingly fail on a regular basis. What's the attitude of the opperator going to be in this case? Oh yeah, I know.....it'll be "Send us a new blade on waranty ASAP so we can send that poor ba**ard back out there to roll the dice again. :stupid::stupid::stupid:

I've got to stop there, I'm getting more and more steamed just thinking about it. My hands are shaking and I can barely freeking type. :wacko::blink: :down:

Please take care out there boys!!!

VNE

don't blame the PMA blades, blame your guys who buy them. You want economy blades, you get them with PMA suppliers. Kind of like cars.

PMA stands for Parts Manufacture Authority if I rememebr correctly and that means somebody authorized their manufacture (could be FAA, could be the manufacturer themselves) so blame them too.