Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What's The Longest You Went Without Truning A Blade On A Job

I hope "the bush" really means a camp, I'd hate to think you're cozying up in the backseat for that long. :D

my longest was 8 days, a 4 day storm blew in from the west, cleared for a few hours, then the wind changed and the same storm blew for 4 more days in the other direction. Gotta love the arctic. It totally sucks when your tour is up at the beginning of the first 4 day storm.

I have been sitting in the bush for a month and for the last five days I have been fogged in so I got to wondering... What is the longest you guys have sat in the bush due to WX or breakdown????

At least you have access to the internet. When I was up there, there was no internet or satelite tv! Listening to that tent flapping in the wind gets boring real fast!

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Hey Jetbox my engineer and I just sat in the pickup for 5 days on a seismic job in Ft Saskatchewan.I'm glad he's a friend or it might have been ugly.......I think there is more than a few crews sitting on the ground due to this extenive fog in Northern Alberta...... :P