Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Canadian Helicopters Shaft

I saw an uncommanded drop in 91,and it was blamed on static.. Never saw anouther. Bell wanted the cargo hooks wired to look for power not ground , so a shorted wire couldn't release the load. There is a double hook setup for the Astar, that needs two switches to be actuated to release the load,or one mechanical. uses two talon hooks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 407 Driver, I am man enough to admit that the load fell off the CHL machine,thats not the point.The point is when T-REX starts to point the finger at the crew and blaming it on finger problems, he/she should know the facts and keep his/her big mouth shut. But your right gravity does suck,and s#*% happens.

I guess the old saying goes!!!! Check ALL of your equiptment before going flying!!!!

Hey 407, working with some fellows right now who "saw" the drill go bye-bye in the Kickinghorse! Hope things are going good down South there!9.gif

Just to clarify the eqpt.malfunction.The first time with the full bucket was after at least 8 drops,and the second with the empty bucket was after probably 8-10 drops.My checks for external loads are done before the job or in the morning if I know I will be slinging that day.Does T-Rex suggest checking the eqpt.after each lift??

It's your call! If I was moving a $400-500K load dam right I would re-check the hook function!Would consider switching off the electrical side as well. Would also get the client to sign the insurance waiver form! By the way, Fling Wing,

Too bad you lost your quarterly Safety Chit! I guess this month no chance of winning your steak dinner at Mr. Mikes, courtisy of CHL!6.gif

T-Rex, my claim to fame is....I tried to move that Drill with a 212HP a few days before the fatal plunge. I succeeded (without loss of life or property), but told them that it HAD to be lightened by 400 lbs or we weren't comming back!!!! They said " NO, it didn't, 'cause they had another 212 that was willing to move it as-is.."

SPLASH !

9.gif11.gif

Are you working with Tim and his crew from Vernon? He was the drill-pad builder on that job, and a darn good guy, tell him HI from here....

I have another question for Mr. T-Rex.

I am doing aerial construction,and there are multiple picks to complete the job.Among those picks are pieces that vary in cost of lets say,$50 to $100,000.

How do I efficiently get the job done,if I have to shut down the operation to check the system for the $100,000 pieces?