Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Canadian Helicopters Shaft

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how our last contract turned out here at LSI.

Air Log is in negotiations now and we expect theirs to be better than this one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Junior pilots get a 46.17% pay increase over the life of the contract.

1 Jan 2003 = $44,200.00

1 Jan 2004 = $50,700.00

1 Jan 2005 = $55,162.00

Senior pilots get a 26.85% pay increase over the life of the contract.

Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance maximum benefit increased to two million dollars.

Our monthly premium at contract end increases to….

Individual $66.00

Individual & Child $112.00

Individual & Spouse $144.00

Family $170.00

You can sell back up to three weeks of vacation time if you wish.

You get paid for up to twelve days of unused sick leave annually.

Maximum shift time is 6.5 hours.

Time and a half for overtime.

Double time for Sundays and Holidays.

$25.00 Night differential.

Junior pilots get 1 week of paid vacation after one year along with two paid weeks off at Christmas.

Senior pilots get 3 weeks of paid vacation along with two paid weeks off at Christmas.

Here is what a senior pilot can get after 24 months into this contract working straight shifts…...

Base Pay + 401K = $82,102.00

3 weeks of vacation sold back = $4,751.00

12 days of sick leave sold back = $3,801.00

Total Cash Value $90,654.00

Oh buddy! I got my facts straight, Another CHL hook failure!!!Relay, What ever pal! More like finger problems up front! Relays just don't release!!! Sorry, been around to long for that!!! Maybe CHL should upgrade some of their outdated antiques!!!! Anyways, you broke it, you bought it! I am sure Don W, Bob M, and Bob H, were really happy to pay that one out!!! I know the customer wasn't pleased!! Faulty relay!!! You made my day!9.gif

Obviously you don't know the facts, I saw the faulty relay,shook it in my hand to hear the chunks of what ever rattling around inside,watched them bench test it and fail.And since you've been around for such along time then you must know that this isn't the first time the hook relay on the BH212 has been suspect to failure.As far as finger problems,have I got a finger for you.

What's your point Fling Wing? Is it OK to drop something if it's an equipment failure? It was a CHC relay that failed, it's still a CHC dropped load. Still unacceptable.

I hear there's a lot of legal arm-wrestling over that load, I heard it was worth $400,000 USD?

Hey, we all drop loads, it happens, be man enough to admit it. When someone asks me what we did, I say, Gravity sucks, we dropped it !!!

PS, I have a great picture of a diamond-drill that CHC dropped, wanna copy? That one was only $150,000...