Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

LFH Avalanche

As you now know, 2 were killed in the avalanche here, a Japanese Photographer and a young woman. The 3 others are ok, only one is still in hospital for observation. The guide was beaten up, but his ABS ballon saved his life.

The young woman was an extremly well liked member of the Last Frontier Helisking staff, and a lot of tears have been shed here in the last 36hours, and lots more are sure to come. She was loved by all at Bell 2 and all the Tasman staff who have had the pleasure of sharing a joke and a laugh with her this winter season. She will be truly missed, a vibrant life taken too soon and too early, but she went doing something she loved to do. I will remember my last memory of her laughing and joking with the others as she climbed into the 407 that fateful morning.

Very well said Bah.

Absolutely terrible news!

My last memory of her was hugging her cute smiling self before getting on the plane at Bob Quinn the Friday before. I still can't believe it happened. She truly was a great person and will be missed greatly. My sincere condolences to her family and may she rest in peace.

A sad heart,