Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Eurocopter Greases Palms

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Government BS. Rumor going around that they now want to privatize the Helicopter portion of their fleet. The RCMP have approached various operators for initial costs to take it over.

In respect to the AstarB3's.......The RCMP need them like a moose needs a hat rack! Talk about going after a fly with a baseball bat, a wee bit of overkill methinks.

Of course, you both fail to mention that the 407 power is actually USEABLE under your normal Ops. All of that superior 350B3 power is unusable, unless you are at a very high altitude or constantly slinging, both of which the GRC's rarely do. That darn old 4961 AUW is a real kicker hey? You could probably save some money by selling those unused B3 guages and installing old 350B guages, after all, have you ever reached 83%Q?

You'd actually be just as well off with a B2 with an internal load...or should I dare say BETTER off? due to the lower EW???

How's that NB mountian flying comming along Longranger er Eurocopper? ;):D I still have that 10,600' pinacle work waiting for your sparky boys up here if you're interested?? The central AB boys have one site just over 11,000 also. We didn't need a B3 there, we used a 206B3 on last trip in ;):D:D

I'm still in shock by' from being in Penticton the other week....lard jese... hills, I'm not sure how I flew with me eyes closed for 3 hours!! :blink: You can keep your 10,600 footer to yourself thank you :shock: , I'll stick to my 2,354 footer in the northern rock cuts of NB!! Can't go there any time the altimeter setting is above 29.92 though, severe nose bleeds!!

Anyways, I'm happy to drive whatever they buy, beggars can't be choosers.