Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

M2 And E License....

bellbell

How would one get both ratings if you havent went from an E license to M2?? Now before the onvious is stated..I just got off the phone with TC and was told that with my M2 they will not give me my E endorsement which is ok in canada but when applying in other countries they want to see the E rating? Even with the full training they said they still wont issue an E license on top of my M2....very frustrating!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have my M1 as well and even with the logbook tasks completed they have told me they still wont issue me one over my M1/M2...this has been a bit of a long battle and was just wondering if anyone has went through it as well....M1 hahaha I was originally issued an A4....thanks.

I started with an E21/22 then got a M15 ( for B212 ?). When issued a M1/M2 licence I was told that it covered all the privileges of the E rating. The AMO would be responsible thru training records for allowing me to certify specialized work. I was dissapointed but as it says on the back of the licence " M1 or M2 privileges include the engines,propellers, components, systems and structures of the applicable aircraft, ........

Guest graunch1
I started with an E21/22 then got a M15 ( for B212 ?). When issued a M1/M2 licence I was told that it covered all the privileges of the E rating. The AMO would be responsible thru training records for allowing me to certify specialized work. I was dissapointed but as it says on the back of the licence " M1 or M2 privileges include the engines,propellers, components, systems and structures of the applicable aircraft, ........

When TC was first talking about the M1&M2 (thank you Tony Soulis :down: ) TC guaranteed that anyone holding any of the other endorsements would get some type of letter stating their previous type ratings etc etc. I went from an E to M1/M2 and have nothing to show from TC about the previous qualifications other than my older licenses that were still paper and had all the info on the back. Another TC promise that was never fulfilled :censored:

That's why i am a firm beleiver in keeping every scrap of paperwork that relates to your career and qualifications

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to clarify if I understand this. A person who starts out with an E licence can then get an M1 or an M2 and keep their E. But a person who has an M2 cannot then go on to get the E as well? Is this correct?

I was aware that someone who has an M1 and an M2 cannot get an E as TC says the privileges are covered, but I was not aware that if you only had either an M1 OR an M2 you could not get an E.

Guest graunch1
Just want to clarify if I understand this. A person who starts out with an E licence can then get an M1 or an M2 and keep their E. But a person who has an M2 cannot then go on to get the E as well? Is this correct?

I was aware that someone who has an M1 and an M2 cannot get an E as TC says the privileges are covered, but I was not aware that if you only had either an M1 OR an M2 you could not get an E.

No, AFIK if you have an E then get either a M1 or M2 you lose the E as it is superceeded by the M category which goes to prove it was a useless license inthe first place. In today's world 99% of the work will be signed out by an ACA under an AMO anyway. Of course internationally that's another story but TC doesn't givea rat's patot about those sort of things. Logbooks and paperwork from schools and courses shuld do however

So if I have an E then get an M2 and install a radio package in a 206 I am unable to sign out the package because the aircraft is under 12,500 and TC took away my E?

E a useless licence eh, sounds like a box changer with an ego in our midst.

I've heard this same discussion with the S licence and it always seems to end up some are flash and some are gash.