Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fh1100

Mark_

And this is how 1100's are typically maintained out in the field. Even operators with the best intentions can be deceived by mechanics who don't do their jobs properly.

Hi Bob,

Thats a pretty bold statement :shock: ................ We have been operating FH1100's since 1968 including maintaining and overhaul of components 'in the field' as it is termed and have had no such problems.

Be careful not to tar everybody with the same brush....

Nutmix :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your pictures might lead to a few comments,

Don't see anyone holding the sticks at ground idle...

2 pilots for a hay bale on a short line...hmmm, wonder what Helilog wants to say about that!

Kidding aside Nuts, that is a nice looking ship even if she is forty (sorry TQBNC)

Mark

I think your pictures might lead to a few comments,

Don't see anyone holding the sticks at ground idle...

2 pilots for a hay bale on a short line...hmmm, wonder what Helilog wants to say about that!

Kidding aside Nuts, that is a nice looking ship even if she is forty (sorry TQBNC)

Mark

Geeze Mark, you dont miss a thing.....

Common pratice, not holding sticks at GI on firm base, no wind and friction on. :shock:

Two pilots..... On Job Training........ short line, as it was not recovered at destination and no remote hook available.

Nutmix

Can't really say that it's at ground-idle now, can you? I'd swear that it was on coast-down. But anyway, with the stick-trim functioning (it cannot be disabled unless you taped the button down), you don't need anyone to "hold the stick" at idle unless there is a regulation that intervenes. And no helicopter I've ever flown would come off the ground even if you yanked the collective full up with the engine at idle, so no worries there.

Interesting mods to that FH1100! People here in the U.S. used to ask us if they could take the front doors off, and of course we said no as there is no authority to do so. You guys in NZ must have some special STC for that?

Nice looking bird! Amazing what a good paint job will do for any helicopter.

• 3 years later...

I have more than a 1100 hrs on them, nice aircraft, a little bit hard to fly. They were as fast as a 206B When SEBJ did the comparaison test in the late 70's I was on the 1100 that did the test.

Yes Air Alma operated them maybe 9 or 10 of them

They have been converted to C20B now but they came out with C18 turbine, they could outlift a 206B (just about everything could anyway especialy the A model)

Okanagan had some of them at the beginning when they came.

I have some good pics of me and the FH lifting 3 drums of jet fuel.

Hey Jac...At one point with air alma we had 12 of them I also got over 1500hrs on them... great machine to fly and fix.The cawling was sliding on the tail boom: so it was good acces to the trainy,tubine and what we call the "Hydra Pack"connected to the SAS,and also Oil interconnect reservoir.

Good souvenirs and great machine to fly

when I worked for K_K in calgary they had at least 6 of them...rebuilt one during the winter of 74-75 with jerry flesher...they had a top speed of 90 mph..and a bad habit of throwing M/R due to maindrive shaft failures...have a bunch of photo of them with the old orange/brown/white Klondike paint jobs :down:we had justgotten the first 206B's in canada..the 1100 were sold to western heli along with the 2 S-58 ;)