Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Do You Do With Your Spare Time In Camp?

Vast

Organize spares kits by P/N prefixes in little baggies eg. 968... MS... then organize them in to areas of the helicopter eg. Ignitor stuff... transmission stuff. then finally organize them in alpha numeric order.

;)

Now that sounds like the time required my last fire spec shift would have provided! :lol:

I've recently discovered that my net makes a great hammock.

Anyone else have any ideas in how to pass the time other than read a book, internet, or clean your windows?

Masturbation tends to fill up the hours pretty good I find.....you can even make up games to challenge yourself like......ahem....but I digress. :unsure:

Recently near Chico California.

Not really a camp as far as camps go but still, 14 hour days on the ramp waiting for a fire to bust a move gets pretty darn boring. 100+ degrees out, cranky fire fighters acting like junk yard dogs that haven't had a good bite in a while, it's obviously a great time to break out the Honda generator, espresso machine and blender and whip up a bach of Frappachinos for the crew.

Next problem.

The caffeine junkies are jacked up with nothing to do...obviously a great time for differently-abled baseball. ("Retard-Ball" just sounds so offside and wrong) but the deal was that we could only use our "wrong" hands to throw the ball (Tennis), swing the bat (Stick), etc. It was awsome, after two hours of special olympics baseball we had to quit because our sides hurt too much from laughing.

Everyone agreed...one the best days of fire fighting, Ever! :punk:

Jiggler

Masturbation tends to fill up the hours pretty good I find.....you can even make up games to challenge yourself like......ahem....but I digress. :unsure:

After every shower.......that way you get a pavlov response every time it rains. Kinda awkward if your with the crew.......