Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Life Insurance - "pro Rated"

T-rex

I looked for six months to try and find non pro-rated insurance, the only way they would not pro-rate me is by not covering my flying :shock: . Even now the insurance will not cover me for any training towards a license. But the best rate I got was through AMA and it was $120 per month compared to $450 by the next best offer. Its alot but when you have a family its worth it.

Mine is $106/ month for 300K for a 20 year term with Manulife. I was 32 when I got it and I'm covered while flying.

However, as one ages it gets progressively more expensive to renew a policy, so when I'm 52 it's gonna get real expensive! Best not to die flying anyway, that's always the goal.

I have a couple of policies but I pay quite a bit 120 per month for only 200,000 dollars. These are with Western Financial. I have been actively searching just recently and a fella I know told me to talk to Primerica apparently they dont have any kind of a rating system. I will keep you posted as to what I find out, I have a meeting with one of their reps early next week.

I would like to know if any of you have life insurance as a pilot, and is not 'pro rated' with your policy because you fly. And if so, the name of your underwriter of your policy.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Troy, My name is Tony I work with Monty at Phoenix Heli Flight.

I have recently sign on a Accidental Death Policy with Scotiabank it costs $11.00 per month for one hundred thousnd dollars of coverage. They assured me 3 times that being a Helicopter Pilot would not void or affect my policy.

If you would like to know more call me at 403-808-5826.

Regards,

Tony

The fellow I talked with at Cooperators told me that it was too bad I am a helicopter pilot, because my mortgage insurance went from $38.00 per month to $150.00. But if I was flying a commercial airliner there was no extra charges!!! I told him too bad you work for Cooperators cuz I am tak'n my business elsewhere!