Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Life Insurance

V Toss

why waste so much money on an insurance policy that makes someone else rich?

it promotes laziness. When your dead, your dead and everyone else plugs along and life goes on. eventually they forget about you for the most part.

As far as I'm concerned you should purchase a policy to cover immediate expenses and some futher expenses to help your loved ones get back on their feet, and thats it.

I'd rather spend that cash on something now and make my life more enjoyable while "i" can enjoy it.

Actually I do agree with you SWP, but I think you may not have written your thoughts clearly on the last comment. I think what you are saying is that your insurance should cover your family long enough to get back on their feet e.t.c. Enough time to grieve, and for your wife or significant other to get back on track without you, but not put her in a mansion on her own island. My financial advisor said as I'm the "Breadwinner" to ensure that the calculation of "My" coverage meets a certain level of expectation i.e. wife, 2 kids, mortgage,vehicles. What would the cost be to my wife over a year or two to keep up with everything, payments, savings, RESP, RRSP, and get reeducated and get on with their lives. Therefore my 1.4 mil coverage. On the flip side as I make good monies, if she were to pass away what would I need to do as in the above. I would need childcare expenses to help me and kiddies to keep going. If I was left behind I do not not need the 1.4 mil that I would provide my leftover family. The extra expense to make it even would be a waste of money. I'm kinda thinking this is what SWP was thinking.

I had insurance before this increase of coverage. My family had gotten bigger, and we needed another vehicle, I'm blessed to make enough to have my wife not need to work, and she can stay home with our children. I needed to increase my coverage, and this time older and not as healthy I was worried that I could not afford more coverage. When my policy was approved at the low cost, I was elated as I felt that I had responsibly covered my family in the event of parental death.

I continue to act in a safe manner in my life so hopefully my family will not need the insurance, but you never know when your ticket is about to be pulled.

I'm sorry to hear that as a helicopter pilot you get so screwed on premiums. Your more likely to get hurt or killed driving to work than flying. There certainly is more stupid people trying to run into you driving that flying around you. Heck getting killed by a stray bullet in Calgary seems more likely today!

Be safe in all you do.

God Bless

UG

Thank You, I may not be as eloquent with my words as some, but at least you are mature enough to come back with a well written response. Unlike some and you surely know who you are.

I think 1.4 million is on the high side for getting a family back on their feet, but it is your money and if you want them to be looked after longer than average thats you're decision. I've decided I'm not going to knock you for it.

I remember when I was younger, only a wife who had a career of her own and I was walking around with a million plus in payouts thinking why the f*ck am I doing this? it was pointless. I was paying huge for someone to have a major lifestyle change and likely they'd be moving on into another relationship at some point anyway.

I re-thought my situation and made the calculations and determined what would be a fair amount to get my family back on their feet. Our situation is different than yours with low mortgage, cars all paid off, her having a career and only a few more years left until the kids have their own.

There is no need for me to pay out my a$$ for a huge policy anymore.

I just get irked to see others fall into the same trap. We've all seen the insurance companies rape us over the years in other sectors.

Don't worry I won't take anything to heart from a guy who's solution to foreign hires is to by your own machine. When you start making sense I will listen to what you have to say. You may go back too loving yourself now.

I don't know where you get this sh*t....does it come to you naturally or do you really have to dig deep to come up with it?

Naturally. Ive met enough egomaniacs. (enter your picture of you) to realize that the world in your eyes would stop spinning if you were'nt around to let us in on how great you are.

By the way when it comes to name calling if I call you a douche bag, be at least creative enough to put down the mirror and call me something else that has not been blocked by the admin. It makes you look a tad smarter.

Your wife is one lucky girl.

Not to get off the topic...

Could you guys be specific about who your insurance provider is, monthly premiums, and coverage. With all repsect to insurance for pilots.

My insurance guys seems to think I am crazy and never to going get insurance with Disability and Loss of License, and if I do, it will cost an arm and leg. No pun intended.

any help would be awesome and appreciaited.

Thanks to all who reply

Guest SidewallPuncture
Catfight!! Catfight!! :punk: :punk:

hardly a catfight...more like having that annoying pimple on your *** you can't reach. one day it dissappears though.