Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Safety Internation Info

Moose

Hey all,

I'm Heading down to FSI in Florida soon for some training on the S-76. Just looking for tips and advice on how things are down there. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

1. Know your glass cockpit cold before you get into the sim.

2. Same for the 430/530 IFR nav package.

3. Take some sort of nutritious bars like Clif Bars to eat as there is no food at the facility.

4. Make sure you go to Rachel's steak house on the last night to celebrate passing. Best Steak house ever.

5. Get ready for an excellent learning experience.

You may want to bring some meds for motion sickness. I myself experienced a little bit the last time I was down there, but I know some pilots who have experienced some severe motion sickness while in the sim.

Have fun and like what Deuce said above get ready to learn!

Hey all,

I'm Heading down to FSI in Florida soon for some training on the S-76. Just looking for tips and advice on how things are down there. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Hey Moose,

Do you have a link to their website with price details for Flight Safety Int'l. The website that I found has very little info on the sim for the S-76. Thanks

Write all your tests before you arrive.

I don't recommend studying during sim week but I've been many times and prepare in the weeks ahead of my visit.

Know your stuff before you go to FSI or you'll experience information overload, kinda like filling a 5 gallon bucket with a firehose. Lots of information in but not too much to show for it after.

I try to stay well rested and not drink too much.

For some reason I always end up with crews that can't do simple things like fill in a flight plan correctly or do accurate flight planning. The night before or day of your ride is poor time to be polishing off those rusty skills. Do a couple before you head down to PBI.

Enjoy the experience and don't be afraid to ask questions in and out of the sim.

Rachels is a must!

Hey Moose,

Do you have a link to their website with price details for Flight Safety Int'l. The website that I found has very little info on the sim for the S-76. Thanks

Hey Hybird,

I don't really know too much about pricing as I'm being sent down but a company. Sorry I could not be more help.

Hey Moose,

This may be a little off subject but I'm a little curious to understand what they mean when they say that in the Yukon "The women are tough, but the steaks are generally tender" ? Any input on this would be appreciated.

This may be a little off subject but I'm a little curious to understand what they mean when they say that in the Yukon "The women are tough, but the steaks are generally tender" ? Any input on this would be appreciated.

I'll look into it. :rolleyes:...................