Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Aircraft Soap

drkrider

This is what i use, no water just 2-3 rags wipes on like normal car wax let dry (even in the sun ) wipe off. takes off oil, bugs and exhaust film. the web site has only 5 gal jugs but when i ordered they came in 1L bottles.

http://www.zep.com/products/products.aspx?...rcraft%20polish

Compare Now

Clear Products

AIRCRAFT POLISH/DRY WASH WITH UV PROTECTANT

TYPE : Aircraft Exterior Polish and Dry Wash. Meets Boeing D6-17487 Rev. N. PROD.# F380

Zep Aircraft Polish/Dry Wash with UV Protectant is a multi-purpose product that cleans, removes oxidized paint and polishes surfaces in one application. Aircraft Polish/Dry Wash was independently tested and is safe for use on exterior aircraft surfaces when used as directed. It replaces aircraft wet washing, which reduces effluent discharge and ground water contamination due to its wipe on, wipe off, dry wash application. See PSR for additional details.

This is what i use, no water just 2-3 rags wipes on like normal car wax let dry (even in the sun ) wipe off. takes off oil, bugs and exhaust film. the web site has only 5 gal jugs but when i ordered they came in 1L bottles.

http://www.zep.com/products/products.aspx?...rcraft%20polish

Compare Now

Clear Products

AIRCRAFT POLISH/DRY WASH WITH UV PROTECTANT

TYPE : Aircraft Exterior Polish and Dry Wash. Meets Boeing D6-17487 Rev. N. PROD.# F380

Zep Aircraft Polish/Dry Wash with UV Protectant is a multi-purpose product that cleans, removes oxidized paint and polishes surfaces in one application. Aircraft Polish/Dry Wash was independently tested and is safe for use on exterior aircraft surfaces when used as directed. It replaces aircraft wet washing, which reduces effluent discharge and ground water contamination due to its wipe on, wipe off, dry wash application. See PSR for additional details.

Zep is what we are using now... Seems really good. Turned a gungy white vertical fin almost back to its original white. stopped us having to repaint it till next season

I was given a sample of some interesting product by the Transwest boys a few years ago... worked awesome

Golden Wax-Wash, made by Kleen-Flo. Its available at NAPA in most places. It is amazing at taking off soot, leaves a wax finish, and is dirt cheap. The other benefit is it takes very little to get the job done.... I was given as a sample 3/4 of a Styrofoam coffee cup, it washed easily a 205 and an A-Star. After purchasing a 20-litre pail of this stuff, for $70, I took it back to main base and showed the DOM, he was impressed. The other benefit is it is a dry powder, not liquid. No leaks.

It's only down side is that it doesn't work very well in a trigger-sprayer. It still cleans very well, but it streaks. It likes a really good rinse.

All in all, its an excellent A/C cleaner, but the rinse requirement doesn't always work in a seismic mud pit with limited water. Otherwise, the price, the cleaning ability, and the fact its a powder, makes it a really good A/C cleaner.

My 2 cents worth.

cheers

I was given a sample of some interesting product by the Transwest boys a few years ago... worked awesome

Golden Wax-Wash, made by Kleen-Flo. Its available at NAPA in most places. It is amazing at taking off soot, leaves a wax finish, and is dirt cheap. The other benefit is it takes very little to get the job done.... I was given as a sample 3/4 of a Styrofoam coffee cup, it washed easily a 205 and an A-Star. After purchasing a 20-litre pail of this stuff, for $70, I took it back to main base and showed the DOM, he was impressed. The other benefit is it is a dry powder, not liquid. No leaks.

It's only down side is that it doesn't work very well in a trigger-sprayer. It still cleans very well, but it streaks. It likes a really good rinse.

All in all, its an excellent A/C cleaner, but the rinse requirement doesn't always work in a seismic mud pit with limited water. Otherwise, the price, the cleaning ability, and the fact its a powder, makes it a really good A/C cleaner.

My 2 cents worth.

cheers

Is that the yellow powder AF?? If so, it's probably the same stuff Campell uses. You're right, great product also.

• 4 months later...
I like Carbon-X by far the best I have used. Rinses nice without residue too.

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&a...;product_id=344

We just ot a couple jugs of carbon-x works good 50/50 in a spray bottle but in a pail it's no better then any thing else.

I sent a sample bottle of Celest (sp) aircraft dry wash out with an A-Star just waiting to here back on how it works in negative temps. Worked pretty well in the hanger.

Gotta remember to get some of that Golden Wash-Wax next time I'm in Napa.

DR

• 2 years later...

I know everyone has a favorite aircraft soap, I'm just trying to figure out what options are out there.

What it is and where it can be bought would be great.

DR

Zep F380 / F38001 is a very good Aircraft Polish/Dry Wash. You can get it on Ebay in quarts.AIRCRAFT POLISH/DRY WASH WITH UV PROTECTANT