Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Happyfeet And The Professional Behaviour Thread.

There was something I wanted to say about this thread and its still on my mind so here it is.

I understand Happyfeet has something of a history here of being a bit of a smartass and that alot of you don't like his attitude or at least the attitude he displays here.

I have noticed in the past months that he seemed to be trying to turn over a new leaf so to speak and that some of you didn't seem to want to let the past go.

Anyway I think that this thread he started about almost having a job and then being suddenly turned away was the call of a guy in trouble. It's half way through July and he doesn't have a job yet.

Now we don't really know anything about anybody here for the most part and it's possible that this man is trying to support a family and genuinely afraid of the future. Maybe he made his own bed or whatever.

The fact is he didn't get much help from us and I include myself in that. As far as I am concerned we let one of our own down. His rants at the end of the thread sounded like someone scared and frustrated to me and we all just rubbed his nose in it.

Not our finest hour as a community friends.

Lets try to do better in the future.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo, Deuce! I believe the behavioral analyzing and continued criticisms/insults/taunting drove him right over the edge to his ultimate meltdown. I don't condone nor support one thing he said during the tail-end of the meltdown, but I do believe that JUST work-related tips could've/would've likely prevented the meltdown and sent Happyfeet off in a more productive direction.

I would only add that in future "help given," stick to just answering questions/concerns and reread replies—both from the questioning Forum Member's perspective, as well as from an Operator's and/or Advertiser's viewpoint—prior to hitting "Add Reply." Lord knows what the latter two might be thinking on any given day 'round here. Yeesh!

There was something I wanted to say about this thread and its still on my mind so here it is.

I understand Happyfeet has something of a history here of being a bit of a smartass and that alot of you don't like his attitude or at least the attitude he displays here.

I have noticed in the past months that he seemed to be trying to turn over a new leaf so to speak and that some of you didn't seem to want to let the past go.

Anyway I think that this thread he started about almost having a job and then being suddenly turned away was the call of a guy in trouble. It's half way through July and he doesn't have a job yet.

Now we don't really know anything about anybody here for the most part and it's possible that this man is trying to support a family and genuinely afraid of the future. Maybe he made his own bed or whatever.

The fact is he didn't get much help from us and I include myself in that. As far as I am concerned we let one of our own down. His rants at the end of the thread sounded like someone scared and frustrated to me and we all just rubbed his nose in it.

Not our finest hour as a community friends.

Lets try to do better in the future.

Thank you for posting this.

Guest bag swinnger
Bravo, Deuce! I believe the behavioral analyzing and continued criticisms/insults/taunting drove him right over the edge to his ultimate meltdown. I don't condone nor support one thing he said during the tail-end of the meltdown, but I do believe that JUST work-related tips could've/would've likely prevented the meltdown and sent Happyfeet off in a more productive direction.

Well aren't we all just people, some of us with a hidden identity on a public forum at that.

Not everyone is capable, or even wants to go at it as positive as you TQN. Good for you to help keep things balanced around here.

However, if I am going to post my opinions to the world good or bad, then I sure as he!l better stand by them no matter what. I would consider that as good character. Even if it was myself that was making poor decisions.

HF is not the only one feeling a slow year, so are hundreds, if not thousands of others across the country in this field.

I say he should quit the "owe woe is me" and suck it up like the rest of us and make it work, cause I sure as he!l am not going to do it for him.

It's aviation, there's going to be bugs, bad weather, questionable food, ruff people and lots of ribbing. If anyone can't take it, then they may want to consider a comfy desk job in a city somewhere.

Shawn Evans

I get all of that, Shawn...I really do! You tell it like it is and stand by it; I totally get that and I feel the same...come h*ll or high water! It's part of what makes this place so magically flavoUred.

In Happyfeet's case (and his aliases), his "issues" go back like four years or more. :mellow: The instability is a given, and the direction it would inevitably go was a given, too. Kinda sad really when YOU KNOW you all have so much more to give beyond "Suck it up, Princess" (one of my all-time flavoUrite sayings, BTW). :P Equally sad, he's like a stray dog that doesn't learn from gettin' kicked and sure as the sun do shine, he'll be back over time with the same stuff. *Sigh*

Not preachin' here, either; ain't my style. I only made that last comment because, weirdly enough, I was talking to a heli-related business owner yesterday about something else and he made a comment to the effect of, "...and to think they want me to advertise there!" It took me aback and really, truly made me sad that the quality is lacking here enough that potential Vertmag advertisers even notice it. (Who didn't love that air-conditioning ad that use to be across the banner? "So simple, even Pilots can use it" or the parts ad..."If you fly in these parts (jungle with native), you'll need our parts" or something akin to that. Sorry; ad freak! Just food for thought, you know?

Anyhoo, that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that! P.S. Not a paid endorsement of/by/for Vertmag. :D I do cherish this place. That is all!

In Happyfeet's case (and his aliases), his "issues" go back like four years or more. :mellow: The instability is a given, and the direction it would inevitably go was a given, too. Kinda sad really when YOU KNOW you all have so much more to give beyond "Suck it up, Princess" (one of my all-time flavoUrite sayings, BTW). :P Equally sad, he's like a stray dog that doesn't learn from gettin' kicked and sure as the sun do shine, he'll be back over time with the same stuff. *Sigh*

Seems kind of 'psychological.'

And knowing that, we don't give him the platform for attention that he craves, now do we? I understand you may not have known that, but still...it went on too long. Most folks don't want to be "helped" in that manner in a venue like this, and even if they did, wouldn't recognize it for what it is. Thank you for your input and I'm done here.

I watched on the sidelines from early AM till when HF finally had his personal thermal runaway, and I too have thought alot about what happened.

I agree with Duece on this, I too believe that in his own way, HF was trying to come to terms with what had just happened to him, and was initially, seeking a legit answer, but, as TQ said, it degenerated into it,s usual slag fest.

For what it,s worth, there is no Official Black list out there, HF.

Yes, everyone, from the kid sweeping the floors to the retired owner, talks to his buddies about who is who out there, and whether they are worth a second look.

Yes, your reputation precedes you, whether it is good or bad.

Yes, it was a sad day on this forum to see what was said, and I sincerly hope that HF finds himself and his, enjoying the summer from this day onward, where ever it takes him.

I look forward to the day that HF returns, in his new persona, and regales us with his latest ventures, because that,s why I login here, for the stories, good and bad.

What can I say, it,s dam cheap entertainment, till someone looses an eye!

Wishing everone crazy 8,s, or crazy BBQ,s. :D

GWK

And knowing that, we don't give him the platform for attention that he craves, now do we? I understand you may not have known that, but still...it went on too long. Most folks don't want to be "helped" in that manner in a venue like this, and even if they did, wouldn't recognize it for what it is. Thank you for your input and I'm done here.

You are quite accurate your understanding, TQN. I would not have known any history on this forum with regards to Mr. Feet, having only been here a short while. Perhaps I'd have wanted to connect with him in some way even if I had known. I do tend to dislike witnessing any person being treated harshly.

Please forgive my complete ignorance, but is it not the moderators job to decide what does and does not go on too long? And pardon my saying so, how is it possible to know what "most folks want" ? And what they can or can't recognize?

You are very well liked and respected on this forum. I for one have enjoyed your many posts and personal exchanges inside past PM's. But what place is it possibly yours to say:

a.) What goes on

b.) What goes on for how long

c.) What folks want

Personally, I'd rather jello wrestle salt water crocodiles in butt-less leather chaps to an audience of hungry vultures in the desert (mid day), rather than to share in these kinds of below the surface altercations with you or any other human being. But I'd prefer to follow the rules of the leaders around here. Because I personally want to do everything I can to learn and learn well what I'm going to need to know to fly. And that includes learning how the social fabric works, and how it doesn't.

I continue to wish Happyfeet well. And anyone else, for that matter...