Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Maintenance Type Training

Heliian

Sounds real familiar to where i am.

Rules are that you must have a TC approved course

First aircraft we are talking B3

there is a B3 differnce course for frame and must have 2B engine course

exceptions are that you have a 350 course and that prior to them having a differences

course you must have signed off a B3 minimum a maintenance release. thats the grandfather rule

to take a differeces course you must have the 350 course.

second aircraft 355F differeces course

must have a 350 endorsement first of all

then find a course. i am working on finding that.

presently i have a letter from Eurocopter Canada that they at this time not offering a

355F difference course

Even if Texas was offering, they are NOT TC approved and at this time only offering the N/NP differences as France is.

so unless there is a need and number of people wanting a 355F there is none at this time planned.

the 206 A/B is in the same, but the L is a differences course unless you are grandfathered by a maintenace release prior to the courses being required.

How about the C30, how many of you that have signed them out actually have a C30 course?

Been there done that and refused to sign out 206L's (since I don't have a C30 course) after I learned about Transport's explanation.

Many old time Bell guys have had a 206 airframe/engine course long ago (pre-1999), so they'd be grandfathered.

Lunchbox has got it right.

Maintenance and Manufacturing Policy Letter 31-2668 par 3.1 clearly sets the date as of Aug 1, 1999.

and that you must of signed a maintenance release for that aircraft. The company you are working for must also support the grandfathering provision in there MPM.

dont get in trouble because someone says you are ok. it is clear

Refer to my post on 355 differences course...remember, your type course (airframe or engine) must be TC approved. You can have a "company course TC approved", but that is usually a one off, and is not portable, meaning it can only be used for ACA issue privileges for the company that the TC approval was issued to. Went thru that a couple of years ago trying to issue ACA to well qualified AME who held a Can.Heli. 206 airframe and engine course cert which TC would not allow to be used for ACA purposes for the company (not CH) I worked for at that time. Very frustrating.

That is BS. If you get ACA from an in house program it quaifies as an approved training as long as the training has been approved by TC. I have asked every inspector I have ever delt with about this and you will get a bunch of different answers. If you are an AME in this situation and are about to jump ship, call your local transport office and ask for a letter from them stating the training you recieved was approved by them.

It is then up to the next company you work for to test you on that type and recoganize the training you have recieved and grant you your ACA.

When a pilot gets endorsed by a company to fly a type of AC it is good for where ever he goes. Why is it not the same for AMEs

For Transport to reject the Can Heli course is like saying that thier 206s are some how different than anyone elses.

There is a lot of grey area in the Regs on this so if you do not get the right answer from your PMI go ask another one, and his boss.

Remember prior to CARs all a guy had to do was right the TC type exam and he got the endorsement. Its all up to the company what they accept

• 1 month later...

Sounds real familiar to where i am.

Rules are that you must have a TC approved course

First aircraft we are talking B3

there is a B3 differnce course for frame and must have 2B engine course

exceptions are that you have a 350 course and that prior to them having a differences

course you must have signed off a B3 minimum a maintenance release. thats the grandfather rule

to take a differeces course you must have the 350 course.

second aircraft 355F differeces course

must have a 350 endorsement first of all

then find a course. i am working on finding that.

presently i have a letter from Eurocopter Canada that they at this time not offering a

355F difference course

Even if Texas was offering, they are NOT TC approved and at this time only offering the N/NP differences as France is.

so unless there is a need and number of people wanting a 355F there is none at this time planned.

the 206 A/B is in the same, but the L is a differences course unless you are grandfathered by a maintenace release prior to the courses being required.

Hi there, sounds interesting, can you show me the reg that says you must have a differences course for aircraft models covered under one TC please? That would be handy info to have.

Also remember for the AS350B3 that the Arriel 2B engine has a 600hr inspection cycle so one could argue that someone that has an AS350 airframe course could sign off the scheduled airframe inspections that don't include any engine maintenance releases.