Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vih Buys And Ec130b4

, I can't see how a modular design will fit all market areas. Unless they are trying to just do a small portion of the best sellers. Like a basic airframe with mutiple bolt on parts to fit your requirements.

I may be wrong Mags, but aren't the EC-120, EC-130 and EC-135 designed to use a large number of common components ? I'm sure I read that somewhere a couple years ago... Could it be Bell's copying the idea and giving it a fancy name ? ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole rubber neck, freeze you butt off no door long lining set up is the industry standard here in Canada and the US. In Europe it's a different game , different mentality. Crap, over there as a pilot you are respected a whole lot more too. I always got a kick out of being called "commandante".

I think we as Canadians always seem to think our way is the best, but dam try out an electric mirror system for production work, and after a few hours you will never go back.

Of course, it would make it alot easier to to do exteral load, less pilot fatigue, and a whole lot more natural. Of course on the same hand there would bne alot more guys doing the work, and less of the VR elitism.

Who knows it only takes one company to see the advantage and install the gear, the next thing you know, all the sheep will follow.

Cheers and Happy new year to all.

PS

PS wrote..."The whole rubber neck, freeze you butt off no door long lining set up is the industry standard here..."

NOPE, the industry standard is a big comfortable VR window, with a full set of appropriate guages and Lights. That door-off routine is for the occasional pick on lights or intermediates.

The light intermediate market is where such a thing would be good. 1st of all, I personally can barely fit into a 206 or astar at 6'4'', as far as getting my head out the door it can be done but I have to go under then out and then block my head on the door jam outside. It's ridiculous, most lights and intermediates are made for dwarfs. The punny astar "silly window" as I call it is impossible to work with not to mention the leg room and the 2 CM my knees get in front of the dash. A mirror system could make the whole thing work great or could be useful until they come up with a light or intermediate that is made for full size men.

Long lining out of these Ac I can do but it's rediculously cumbersome.

We could fix the problem once and for all simply, full size men, fly full size helicopters and the shorties can stick to the eronomical lights and intermediates. Makes sense. No!

Cheers

PS

Helilog56

Quite right, I should be flying a medium, but for some reason its never happened, I also tried to convince the CP that it was a good idea for ergonomic and safety reasons, well he didn't buy it and thought I was poking fun at his 5'6". Can you imagine a blade in a 206 comming down with a big guy in the front - foget about the helmet deflection thing, it gonna get me in the neck. I actually had to have an AC duct removed once so I could get in. Pilot size an being big definately sucks. It's great for checking the oil on a 206 - you don't need a ladder, In fact I dont carry one on the job. The good thing is that I can throw a 205 cargo net over my shoulder and go for 1 KM hike no problem.

Buying shirts and shoes sucks though. Why is it that they only stock 1 or 2 pairs of size 12/13.

So if there is any body out there that needs a giant let me know. Must be a gland thing.

When I did my training in a R22 at 245lbs 6'4, we had some interesting Cof G things to deal with but that's another story.

Well there is WWF! HAHAHA

Cheers

PS